Question about the PS3

paulsend

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I am going to buy a ps3 from my dads friend and he said that the bluray player is shot and doesn't read bluray dvds, but he thinks it can still play games. He's he wrong? LMK

It'd be odd since the games are on blurays as well. I wouldn't really take the chance if he said there's already a problem with it.

I wouldn't buy it unless its like dirt dirt dirt cheap. If your real curious rent or borrow a game from someone and test it out on the system before buying. Besides a slim is only $300 and you can enjoy blu ray movies and a year warranty.

I've been looking at 2 differnet ps3's with the same problem lol, I will just stay away from these thanks for the help guys.

[quote name='paulsend']I've been looking at 2 differnet ps3's with the same problem lol, I will just stay away from these thanks for the help guys.[/QUOTE]

Good idea.

A replacement Blu-Ray lens(lens by itself)runs around $70-80 now, so if you got the consoles pretty cheap you could try the repair yourself. As long as it's JUST the lens that's gone and you got the console for $100 or less, it's a steal of a deal.

If you weren't confident in your own skills to take apart the console, you could always ship off the broken one to Sony for $150 and they will repair it and give you a 90 day warranty for it.

Plus, what model are the ones you've been looking at? If it's a 20 or 60 gb model, then it's worth a bunch more, since those two are fully backwards compatible and no longer being made.

bread's done
Back