Question About the Reputation of EA Store

PseudoFinrod

CAGiversary!
I have pre-ordered the collector's edition of Dragon Age: Origins (360 version) from the EA Store. I was surprised to see that they charged me tax, as my state does not do so for online purchases (have never been taxed on Amazon, even on very recent orders).
I am trying to contact EA's customer service about it, but am finding the site frustratingly counter-intuitive--I cannot figure out how to email a question, and there is only a snail-mail address listed for inquiries on the "contact us" page--not even a phone number!
My question, then, is how reputable the EA Store is. Has anyone had any difficulty in ordering from them? Does anyone know a way to contact them about? Is ordering from them worth all the trouble I'm going through?
Edit: I found the page where I can run a search query, and found that they do charge the sales tax for my state--wonder why Amazon doesn't? But I am still interested to know if anyone has had trouble with them.

[quote name='PseudoFinrod']wonder why Amazon doesn't?[/quote]

Because Amazon doesn't have a presence (eg a shipping warehouse) in your state.

But I am still interested to know if anyone has had trouble with them.

I ordered the Mirror's Edge pure time trials DLC from them a while back and had no problems with the order.

[quote name='PseudoFinrod']I have pre-ordered the collector's edition of Dragon Age: Origins (360 version) from the EA Store. I was surprised to see that they charged me tax, as my state does not do so for online purchases (have never been taxed on Amazon, even on very recent orders).
I am trying to contact EA's customer service about it, but am finding the site frustratingly counter-intuitive--I cannot figure out how to email a question, and there is only a snail-mail address listed for inquiries on the "contact us" page--not even a phone number!
My question, then, is how reputable the EA Store is. Has anyone had any difficulty in ordering from them? Does anyone know a way to contact them about? Is ordering from them worth all the trouble I'm going through?
Edit: I found the page where I can run a search query, and found that they do charge the sales tax for my state--wonder why Amazon doesn't? But I am still interested to know if anyone has had trouble with them.[/QUOTE]

Your post is actually kind of surprising to me, i have bought a few games from them this last year, and not only was i NOT charged tax (ny) any of the orders, shippiing was free for me everytiime, AND it was 2nd day air. So I got the games VERY fast and the price could not be beat....

[quote name='PseudoFinrod']I have pre-ordered the collector's edition of Dragon Age: Origins (360 version) from the EA Store. I was surprised to see that they charged me tax, as my state does not do so for online purchases (have never been taxed on Amazon, even on very recent orders).
Edit: I found the page where I can run a search query, and found that they do charge the sales tax for my state--wonder why Amazon doesn't? But I am still interested to know if anyone has had trouble with them.[/QUOTE]

Try this number I found through a search:

(800) 883-8895. Hours of operation are 8:00 a.m.-9:00 p.m. (CST) Monday through Friday and 8:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m. (CST) Saturday and Sunday.

Reputable? It's EA's direct storefront. You can't really get much more reputable than that. Odds are they have a physical location in your state (shipment warehouse or something) and that's why they are charging you tax.

If they initially charged tax on the order I highly doubt you can get them to refund it. I'm sure EA has a system setup to charge the correct tax to everyone. Remember the money is going to the government not EA.

I ordered Dragon Age Origins CE for PC through them. had 5 off and free shipping. I got a tracking number through UPS but theirs no updates that I can see because I dont' have a specific UPS account or something. If anyone has a UPS account and you actually use with credit card could you PM me and I can send you the number and give me an update on its location....damn excited to get it.

bread's done
Back