question about the xbox 360. (new user)

tigerin

CAG Veteran
hey guys, i just got the arcade. i'm pretty new to the system. i hope some of you guys on here can answer me.

1) i paid in full for the ps3 modern warfare 2 version. i'm thinking of switching to the xbox 360 version. is xbox live any better when it comes to lags and disconnect from the host? should i just stick to the ps3 version since i don't have xbox live and the hard drive?

2) i'm planning to get a refurbished 120 gigs on amaznon. are the refurbished hdd for xbox 360 reliable?

3) Do you know where i can get the wi-fi adapter for a cheap price? i heard there going to be a new one coming out soon, right?

5) do i need to go to xbox 360 website to register for my account for the 3 yrs warranty?

That's all i want to know. thank for reading.

[quote name='tigerin']hey guys, i just got the arcade. i'm pretty new to the system. i hope some of you guys on here can answer me.

1) i paid in full for the ps3 modern warfare 2 version. i'm thinking of switching to the xbox 360 version. is xbox live any better when it comes to lags and disconnect from the host? should i just stick to the ps3 version since i don't have xbox live and the hard drive?

2) i'm planning to get a refurbished 120 gigs on amaznon. are the refurbished hdd for xbox 360 reliable?

3) Do you know where i can get the wi-fi adapter for a cheap price? i heard there going to be a new one coming out soon, right?

5) do i need to go to xbox 360 website to register for my account for the 3 yrs warranty?

That's all i want to know. thank for reading.[/QUOTE]

1) If you don't have live, you wont be able to play online. Personally, I find Xbox Live to be far superior than PSN. Matchmaking and chat features makes the experience way better on Xbox Live. Granted, you have to pay for it. As for lag, it is mostly based on your connection. I personally don't experience much lag outside of GoW on Xbox yet I lag on majority of games for PS3.

5) To be on the safe side, I would register it.

[quote name='tigerin']hey guys, i just got the arcade. i'm pretty new to the system. i hope some of you guys on here can answer me.

That's all i want to know. thank for reading.[/QUOTE]

1.) As the other person said, its all based on your connection, but ALSO based on whoever is hosting the match. I have a great internet connection but sometimes will still get a dropped match when Billy Bob trys rockin' dial up.

2.) You should be fine ordering from amazon. I would actually check ebay though. With the new MW2 harddrive coming out, i think there will be a lot more 120gbs hitting ebay.

3.) There is a new one coming out. I dont know when. To get one at a good price, if you have any local used dvd or game stores around you, I would hit those up. I have seen adapters as low as $50 at non gamestop style stores.

4.) Was "4" just not cool enough to be worthy of a question?

5.) I have never registered any of my systems and when all 3 of them red ringed I called up microsoft and they got the repair order going. Microsoft has record of all the serial numbers so they know when you got it and if its still under warranty.

[quote name='lordopus99']1) If you don't have live, you wont be able to play online. [/QUOTE]

Don't you mean if he doesn't have a gold XBL account? Silver accounts can't play online matches.

Where do you go to register your Xbox? I just got one this weekend from the Wal-mart sale, so I'm pretty new to the 360 side of things too.

[quote name='thrustbucket']You new 360'ers, don't forget to add us all to your friends.[/QUOTE]
Ditto'd.

I could always use more friends.

bread's done
Back