Question about transferring downloaded games

Midguy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
39 (100%)
I'm planning on downloading a game to my 360 and I have a couple of situational questions:

1)If I take my hard drive to a friend's house (and put it on his 360), I should be able to play the game as long as I am using my profile, correct?

2)Say I download a game and don't take my harddrive with me. Am I able to recover my profile on his machine and redownload the game onto his harddrive?

3)If the answer to 2 is yes, is that game playable to other profiles on that machine, or only mine?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
When you download a game the gamertag that downloaded it owns the main license. The console you download it on also gets a license, so that you can play it offline or other gamertags can play it on that specific console.

So....

1.) Yes, You have to be signed into your gamertag and be signed into live
2.) Yes, You have to be signed into your gamertag and be signed into live
3.) No, only yours

If you are talking about an XBOX Indie game, then you don't get a console license and you always have to be signed into your gamertag and signed into live to play it.

3)Well it might work on others profiles for that machine. I think you can use another controller to connected you profile with the content to live and play with you other profile and it will be alright.

I do not have to do this because my console have the license. But because of the RROD, I had to in the past. Before using license transfer.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='wakawakawa']When you download a game the gamertag that downloaded it owns the main license. The console you download it on also gets a license, so that you can play it offline or other gamertags can play it on that specific console.

So....

1.) Yes, You have to be signed into your gamertag and be signed into live
2.) Yes, You have to be signed into your gamertag and be signed into live
3.) No, only yours

If you are talking about an XBOX Indie game, then you don't get a console license and you always have to be signed into your gamertag and signed into live to play it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. That's pretty much what I thought, but wanted to make sure.

[quote name='wakawakawa']
If you are talking about an XBOX Indie game, then you don't get a console license and you always have to be signed into your gamertag and signed into live to play it.[/QUOTE]
Really? I'm glad I found this out before purchasing an indie game (was considering Lumi). The only time my console is connected is when I want to buy something.

bread's done
Back