Question about VGA

SadExchange82

CAGiversary!
Does the official Microsoft VGA HD AV Cables come with a female adapter to connect the monitor cord to the cord that comes in package? Sorry, it's not about the game, just haven't found out yet.

[quote name='SadExchange82']Does the official Microsoft VGA HD AV Cables come with a female adapter to connect the monitor cord to the cord that comes in package? Sorry, it's not about the game, just haven't found out yet.[/quote]

please put non deal specific posts in the appropriate forums. this forum is for deals only. that said the cable is male and comes with nothing else, so you will need to buy a separate adapter to hook it up to another male connector.

I'm pretty sure that it comes packed with a gender changer. I know for a fact that I didn't buy one, and I doubt I had it lying around before I bought the cable. ;)

Newegg seems to agree in the user reviews too.

d'oh... that's right. I'm thinking of the third party one I bought and sold because it sucked. I bought a refurbed official Microsoft cable.... damn I'm getting old and forgetting stuff. nevermind.

Sorry to thread jack, but are the VGA cables that much better than the included component cables? I don't have a 1080p capable TV but do they make 720p or 1080i look better?

[quote name='depascal22']Sorry to thread jack, but are the VGA cables that much better than the included component cables? I don't have a 1080p capable TV but do they make 720p or 1080i look better?[/quote]
It shouldn't make much difference... I've heard arguments for this one or that one being better, and this probably is dependent on peoples' individual monitors... theoretically they should be the same. One advantage of the VGA cable is that I think you may need it for DVDs to be upscaled, or at least I read that somewhere.

here's where I read it. this little guide is pretty helpful:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111507

[quote name='dubbfoolio']It shouldn't make much difference... I've heard arguments for this one or that one being better, and this probably is dependent on peoples' individual monitors... theoretically they should be the same. One advantage of the VGA cable is that I think you may need it for DVDs to be upscaled, or at least I read that somewhere.

here's where I read it. this little guide is pretty helpful:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111507[/quote]

Thanks brother. I think I'm going to get the VGA cable so I can free up the component spot for my cable box and I can put my PS3(when I get one) in the HDMI slot.

As far as my own personal experience between the two in 720p (1366x768 exactly,) the VGA visually looks a little better, but has slightly washed out colors. Component has crisper colors, but looks are a little under the VGA. Upscaled DVD through VGA is definitely worth it if your TV has the input IMO tho. =)

bread's done
Back