question about wipEout 2048 for those with a vita

dEvAnGeL

CAGiversary!
Feedback
80 (100%)
the game is on sale at amazon, one of the things that kept me from playing the ps3 iterations was the horrible screen tearing,it made me nauseous, does the vita version suffers the same fate? for those who have the game or have played the demo a few times have you guys noticed any tearing in the game? any info will be greatly appreciated

The screen tearing you describe on the PS3 version is probably related to the refresh rate of your TV. Wipeout HD is 60 frames per second and smooth as glass on my plasma (not LCD) TV.

I've only played the demo of the Vita version, but I would assume it's completely optimized for the hardware.

[quote name='flojomojo']The screen tearing you describe on the PS3 version is probably related to the refresh rate of your TV. Wipeout HD is 60 frames per second and smooth as glass on my plasma (not LCD) TV.

I've only played the demo of the Vita version, but I would assume it's completely optimized for the hardware.[/QUOTE]

Unless he somehow has a TV that has a refresh rate that isn't a multiple of 60 I don't see how that could be the case.

[quote name='flojomojo']The screen tearing you describe on the PS3 version is probably related to the refresh rate of your TV. Wipeout HD is 60 frames per second and smooth as glass on my plasma (not LCD) TV.

I've only played the demo of the Vita version, but I would assume it's completely optimized for the hardware.[/QUOTE]
you my friend need to take a tech class, screen tearing has nothing to do with tvs, its when the game is double buffered and the vsync is off, so one frame or buffer cant match the other one so a crack or tearing effect appears on the screen until frame is leveled, that's why pc games have the vsync option, when you turn that on, if one frame lags behind the next one waits for it to avoid the tearing effect but this comes at the cost of low frame rate so that's why you see many console games with screen tearing because the developers leave the vsync off, they prefer screen tearing but a smoother gameplay experience but to me that thing is horrible and in all seriousness it gets me motion sick o_O

Off topic- but Wipeout related. Has any one experienced a problem with the menues in this game? Sometimes, when I'm playing, I'll touch the icon to select the next race, or go to the next event and it'll flash like I've clicked it, but nothing happens.

[quote name='nbballard']Off topic- but Wipeout related. Has any one experienced a problem with the menues in this game? Sometimes, when I'm playing, I'll touch the icon to select the next race, or go to the next event and it'll flash like I've clicked it, but nothing happens.[/QUOTE]

I had this issue. Couldn't pick my team. I WANT AG SYSTEMS DAMMIT!

bread's done
Back