Question concerning EA Account, my GT, and DLC codes...

bigdaddybruce44

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
When I bought ME2, I went onto BioWare's site to redeem my code for the Cerberus Network. I had to create an EA account, which I thought I had never done. I redeemed the code fine using the e-mail that is tied to my Live account and Gamertag. Loaded up ME2, and everything work. No issues. Moving along.

Well, fast forward a bit later, and I recently got into playing the original Bad Company. I wanted to check my stats online, but when I logged into my EA account, I was unable to link my GT to it, because it said it was already in use or whatever. I tried an old e-mail I was using when I first bought my 360, and there it was.

So, is there anyway for EA to merge the two accounts? I says something on their FAQ about not being able to an undue a linking, but a lot of the answers on there seem ancient, like stuff about NBA Live from 5 years ago. If not, I assume I should continue redeeming content on the account with the new address, seeing as it worked fine the first time, and that is the e-mail address that my Live account is tied to?

A lot of people had this issue when ME2 first came out. I remember most of them had success in contacting EA support and having them merge your accounts together.

Might take a bit of phone time, but they should be able to get you hooked up.

Thanks. I figured I would have to call, but I wanted to see what people had to say. I now do remember people saying they had some success, so thanks for the reminder. I decided to drop them an e-mail. Doubt they will do anything without me calling, but I figured I'd get myself into the system, so maybe I won't get bounced around or have to play phone tag for an hour.

UPDATE

To my amazement, the customer service that responded to my e-mail said he would do it. Didn't have to call or use the live chat. He just needed more information, so hopefully it will all by taken care of by tomorrow. Thanks for the help again, everyone.

I just bought ME2 used myself... and the cerberus code has already been used. So you're saying I can merge 2 EA accounts so that the cerberus code can transfer to my account?

[quote name='chankk']I just bought ME2 used myself... and the cerberus code has already been used. So you're saying I can merge 2 EA accounts so that the cerberus code can transfer to my account?[/QUOTE]

No. You actually need to own both accounts. You cannot merge with someone else's account, unless you actually have their information, like if it was a friend's account or something.

Information as in what? like Username pw? email? address can you give me the specifics please i bought ME2 offa Craigslist so im trying to get that Cerberus account to transfer to my account.

When I contacted them about merging the accounts (this was a few months ago), I was told me three different support reps that they cannot merge accounts. I ended up having them delete my old account because it only had one thing linked to it at the time. You might get lucky and find a rep who is nice enough to do it, but they all told me it couldn't be done.

My final update:

I was able to merge the accounts, thankfully. As I said, I didn't even need to call or use the live chat. I just shot them an e-mail, and the CSR asked for information. It was completed earlier today. You can probably get it done much quicker actually contacting them, but I had already e-mailed them, so I just carried it through.

bread's done
Back