Question for any Twitter users

jaso

CAGiversary!
Feedback
60 (100%)
I'm new to Twitter, and I'm stuck between using my real name and a created name I'm favoring (tweeterparker).

Can anyone give me a good reason to lean one way or the other. I've noticed a lot of my coworkers just use their real names. Is there a reason for that?

Thanks, guys.

[quote name='jaso']I'm new to Twitter, and I'm stuck between using my real name and a created name I'm favoring (tweeterparker).

Can anyone give me a good reason to lean one way or the other. I've noticed a lot of my coworkers just use their real names. Is there a reason for that?

Thanks, guys.[/quote]

If you're asking me, tweeterparker sounds effeminate.

Really? That's interesting. What is it about the name that sounds effeminate to you?

[quote name='lordwow']Using your real name on a social networking site is always a good idea.[/quote]

Yeah, that's kind of the way I'm leaning. I thought "tweeterparker" might have better recall than my name, though.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']i dont understand twitter[/quote]

Yeah, man, I don't fully "get it" yet myself, but it's one of those things I have to know for my job so I don't get left behind. I signed up out of necessity, not necessarily desire.

All depends on what you use it for.
Mine is personal so I just used my YahooID. If your is personal make one up.
If it business then try and use your real name.
If its both use either.

your user name can be one thing and your account name can be another. That way you could be tweeterparker and when they go to your page you are still your own real name. This would allow people to search for you if they want to add you by either your real name or an internet handle. That is what i do.

I recommend getting several accounts. I have one for my personal use (my real name), one for CAG/game stuff and one for my business. The reason for this is that once someone registers a name, it's gone for good. If you miss out on your name, chances are you'll never get it. So register while you can.

I do most of my twittering with my nickname "Goomba478" on Twitter. It's really addictive, but I try not to do too many posts (3-4 a day at most). Stick to things that are generally interesting and don't just post a 100 updates "Brushing Teeth" and such. I also recommend using Twitpic.com for posting pics :)

Good Luck OP!

[quote name='goomba478']I recommend getting several accounts. I have one for my personal use (my real name), one for CAG/game stuff and one for my business. The reason for this is that once someone registers a name, it's gone for good. If you miss out on your name, chances are you'll never get it. So register while you can.

I do most of my twittering with my nickname "Goomba478" on Twitter. It's really addictive, but I try not to do too many posts (3-4 a day at most). Stick to things that are generally interesting and don't just post a 100 updates "Brushing Teeth" and such. I also recommend using Twitpic.com for posting pics :)

Good Luck OP![/quote]

Thank you. That's the kind of help I was looking for.

I am tempted to open an account, but I am already a slave to my RSS reader, and email, I don't think I can handle another service I have to check obsessively.

bread's done
Back