Question for fellow CAGers

dmdragon

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (100%)
I have a pretty extensive rare ps1 game collection here, and need money. Would it be best to try and get rid of this here or on ebay? I know you may need more information. I have some of the folllowing games. I don't have the whole list as i'm not at home now

Brigandine
Final Fantasy 7 - Black Label Misprint
Final Fantasy 8
Final Fantasy 9
Final Fantasy Tactics - Black Label
Xenogears - Black Label
Suikoden
Suikoden 2
Mega Man Legends
Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete
Lunar: Eternal Blue Complete
Threads of Fate

that's all I can remember at this moment, but i can post more if need be when i get home

Thanks for your input

Also adding that I'm new to this, and currently have no feedback as I've never used ebay before. How squemish would someone be buying a game like suikoden 2 from someone without feedback? What could I do to assure someone if I were to do this?

I would sale part here, and part on ebay. More than likely you will get more money on ebay,but then again I'm sure you know how the fee's work there.

Having zero feedback on ebay isn't as bad as people make it out to be. I have no problem buying off of 0 feedback sellers as long as they treat themselves professionally in the listing.

One of the big things to look out for is to NOT use stock photos at all! Most new ebay sellers use stock photos assuming that no one cares what condition the game is in or that their perspective on game condition grading is the same as everyone else's.

Also make sure to describe every last detail of the game including: completeness, condition of case/manual/disc(s), and point out any necessary information. Do not assume that, for example, everyone knows the exact error in the FF7 you have. Take pictures/scans of the error and entirety of the game.

Depending on how quickly you need the money, I would recommend starting off on CAG with researched prices minus what you would expect in fees on ebay. For a very useful fee calculator try out: http://home.alltel.net/micrep/fees.html . If you need the money as quickly as possible then go straight to ebay.

From your list, these are the "hottest" (high $ on ebay with great chances of selling for what you want) games I saw:

Brigandine ($70ish)
Final Fantasy 7 - Black Label Misprint ($100ish)
Final Fantasy Tactics - Black Label ($40ish)
Xenogears - Black Label ($60ish)
Suikoden 2 ($130ish)

Prices are assuming they are complete with no major damage.

Hope that helps!

EDIT: Forgot to mention, do NOT send anything out without Delivery Confirmation. It costs $0.75 and just tac it on to your shipping price. It will save you a lot of headaches and will keep your money safe if anything goes wrong.

First thing I would do is take pictures of the games to show some proof and to encourage buyers. Do this, and it will help your chances man. Also, don't sell stuff you expect to get a lot for, like suikoden 2, people tend to buy from sellers with high feedback, so you probably wont get that many bids. (I would hold on to that game for maybe a trade or something with someone in this site) But anyways, hope this helps, and good luck!

I second Amazon Marketplace. You'll probably do better there without feedback than you will on eBay.

If you go with eBay, follow Scavenger4's (excellent) advice.

Thank you so much guys.

I would sell here on cag or trade, but you guys might not pay what is considered "ebay prices"

Selling here has quite a few things going for it over ebay and Amazon. With ebay, you have to account for 8% plus listing fees going to them AND you have to account for 3% to PayPal. Additionally, I believe their new regulations have gone into affect where PayPal will not release the money to you until you receive positive feedback or some amount of days after the package is delivered.

Amazon takes 15% of your sale. You also have a 15 to 30 day hold on the money.

You could probably sell Suikoden II here for close to $100 and others could get you some good amounts too. It all depends on what the cost of convenience is to you. Also, I would encourage you to always take payment before shipping regardless of feedback.

[quote name='thelonepig']Selling here has quite a few things going for it over ebay and Amazon. With ebay, you have to account for 8% plus listing fees going to them AND you have to account for 3% to PayPal. Additionally, I believe their new regulations have gone into affect where PayPal will not release the money to you until you receive positive feedback or some amount of days after the package is delivered.

Amazon takes 15% of your sale. You also have a 15 to 30 day hold on the money.

You could probably sell Suikoden II here for close to $100 and others could get you some good amounts too. It all depends on what the cost of convenience is to you. Also, I would encourage you to always take payment before shipping regardless of feedback.[/QUOTE]

That's true, i didn't mean to say people are stupid, but i've seen people ripped here for charging "ebay prices"

So i didn't really mean that people who pay that price are stupid or anything of the sort, just you guys here seem to look down on those that sell for ebay prices hehe

[quote name='dmdragon']That's true, i didn't mean to say people are stupid, but i've seen people ripped here for charging "ebay prices"

So i didn't really mean that people who pay that price are stupid or anything of the sort, just you guys here seem to look down on those that sell for ebay prices hehe[/quote]

I didn't mean for anything that I said to come across as harsh, just trying to be informative. :D

There's always a crowd that will get antsy for charging ebay prices on games. With some of the older, more rare games you shouldn't run into that too much. You will get some ridiculous offers, but you just politely refuse or counteroffer. Also, you most likely won't sell the games faster than you would by putting them on ebay.

As far as selling on the forums, there are two rules that I try to follow and I think most others would agree. First, sell at what you would get from the game after ebay takes its cut. Second, if it's a game that you picked up at a recent clearance try to sell it at close to cost plus shipping.

[quote name='thelonepig']I didn't mean for anything that I said to come across as harsh, just trying to be informative. :D

There's always a crowd that will get antsy for charging ebay prices on games. With some of the older, more rare games you shouldn't run into that too much. You will get some ridiculous offers, but you just politely refuse or counteroffer. Also, you most likely won't sell the games faster than you would by putting them on ebay.

As far as selling on the forums, there are two rules that I try to follow and I think most others would agree. First, sell at what you would get from the game after ebay takes its cut. Second, if it's a game that you picked up at a recent clearance try to sell it at close to cost plus shipping.[/QUOTE]

I listed them up for trades in the trade forum to see what kind of offers i can get

bread's done
Back