Question for people in Bloomington, IN or IU students

thegame2k3

CAGiversary!
I'm moving in to IU on Aug. 18th, and Madden comes out the 22nd. Unfortunately, I will not have a car seeing as how I'm a freshman. Does anyone know ANYPLACE I can go to get Madden that's within a reasonable walking distance?? Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Absolutely! Go to College Mall, it's as simple as that. In the mall is both an EB and a GameStop, excellent locations both.

And if that doesn't do it you have a Best Buy across the street.

I'm living over in Wilkie-South, if you need any help. I'll be over there and all set up on the 21st but, since I'm a graduate AI, I'll be tending to other duties most of the day. If you live near the southeastern part of campus it's no more than a 15 minute walk over to the mall (at least from where I am). If all else fails, take a bus. If I recall the Bloomington C bus picks up right in front of the MAC (Music and Arts Center) and will take you to the mall in about 20 minutes (it loops around).

Don't worry, there are a few places to pick up Madden.

Yeah the college mall does, the buses go right to it so you don't even need to walk.

I spent a couple of years walking most everywhere, outside of Walmart and the movie theaters everything is reasonably easy to get to.

awesome, thanks for the help guys...I'm living in Wright, in the central neighborhood. Does the bus cost anything, and if so, can I just use the campus access card? I could just wait a few days and have my friend buy me a copy and bring it when he moves in, but then it wouldn't be a maddenoliday! Besides, I'm moving in early for drumline tryouts and won't have a roomate there for awhile to annoy me.

[quote name='thegame2k3']awesome, thanks for the help guys...I'm living in Wright, in the central neighborhood. Does the bus cost anything, and if so, can I just use the campus access card? I could just wait a few days and have my friend buy me a copy and bring it when he moves in, but then it wouldn't be a maddenoliday! Besides, I'm moving in early for drumline tryouts and won't have a roomate there for awhile to annoy me.[/quote]

Right out the front of wright quad (side facing the mini-mall) should be the a bus stop, the last time I checked you actually had to pay extra for a bus pass, but worse case you really aren't looking at more than a half hour walk to the mall and there are paved sidewalks most of the way.

If you have your student ID the bus will cost you absolutely nothing. It's also free on the first Friday of every month, which is usually useless for us students but it's amazing for the community at large.

Overall, the campus and everything else will be easy enough to traverse. If in doubt grab a pamphlet and you'll be fine.

[quote name='Kapwanil']If you have your student ID the bus will cost you absolutely nothing. It's also free on the first Friday of every month, which is usually useless for us students but it's amazing for the community at large.[/QUOTE]It's the same way at (IU's rival college that I go to, Go Boilers) where you can just show your ID and use the bus for free, since I do that often.

Where I'm at, there aren't many places in walking distance, to buy games at, except EB. For many living in dorms, the walk may me long to EB, but where I live (in my apartment), it's a very short walk.

This is compeletely off topic and pointless, but Go Irish!!!!! And to kind of stay on topic, check the IU bookstore. I know the ND bookstore has some games, and will get big releases like Madden day one.

cool...this is all very helpful, thanks a lot guys. I didn't think about checking the bookstores, I might call them to see if they get it.

Last year the IU bookstore didn't have a single video game, if I recall correctly. You have to be careful too since I know that, at least in my undergrad years at CMU, if you're not careful they may be charging you above the MSRP all in the name of convenience (what a surprise).

Would TIS have it...no, they don't have games either, I'm afraid. But eh, if you need your textbooks and you have to get them now and you can't find any discounts, use the TIS bookstore rather than IU's. It's a bit further away (on 3rd, right off of Jordan) but at least the discount card (free) gets you 5% off, some other deals every month, and what you spend goes back into a rewards program. If you're in undergrad and all it may be best since you can get all of your graduation stuff for free...if you can't find your books for pennis on the dollar, of course.

Buy your textbooks online...Ebay...or one of the college textbook trading sites. Just make sure you're getting the right version of the book as the things tend to be updated every 2 years to make the publishing companies more money.

bread's done
Back