Question for people that have done the freeiPods.com deal

norkusa

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
I'm trying to get a free iPod thru the freeiPods.com site. Me and 5 other people have signed-up and completed our deals but my status page says only 1 deal (plus the one I did for myself) has been completed so far.

How long does it take for these deals to be officially completed? My deal and the first person to sign-up thru me deal was completed immediately after we did them. So far, none of the 4 others have been completed yet and it's been 2 weeks. Is it unusual for some deals to take this long to be completed?

I was thinking maybe after you get 1 sign-up, they wait a while before approving any others to try and discourage you and verify your info so they know it's all legit.

I just thought it was strange that the first deal was completed instantly and the rest are still pending. Oh well, I guess I have to wait and see what happens.

It depends on what deal your referrals did. Ancestry.com is credited instantly where as blockbuster takes something like 2-4 weeks.

Can someone please explain to me how this freeipods thing works? When I first heard of it a figured it was bs but I guess people are really doing it?

[quote name='redrobot']It depends on what deal your referrals did. Ancestry.com is credited instantly where as blockbuster takes something like 2-4 weeks.[/quote]

Strange that you say it's 2-4 weeks for the Blockbuster deal. That was the one I signed up for and it was completed immediately afterwards.

The ones that haven't gone thru yet are the 2 credit card applications, the coffee offer, and the BMG Music deal. Maybe the time it takes for the deals to be completed is totally random?

[quote name='norkusa'][quote name='redrobot']It depends on what deal your referrals did. Ancestry.com is credited instantly where as blockbuster takes something like 2-4 weeks.[/quote]

Strange that you say it's 2-4 weeks for the Blockbuster deal. That was the one I signed up for and it was completed immediately afterwards.

The ones that haven't gone thru yet are the 2 credit card applications, the coffee offer, and the BMG Music deal. Maybe the time it takes for the deals to be completed is totally random?[/quote]

If you have people doing the credit card offers, they have to be approved before they'll get credit. I had someone under me do one of those, and it took 3 weeks.

[quote name='eshbums']If you have people doing the credit card offers, they have to be approved before they'll get credit. I had someone under me do one of those, and it took 3 weeks.[/quote]

Ohhhh, so the person actually has to get approved before I can get credit for it? I thought it was that you just had to fill the application out and then you'll get credit for the deal. Makes sense now though.

I had another question, do they check all your info to make sure people dont make mules and do all the deal themselves? I know quite a few people that are having problems finishing all the referrals. :whistle2:/

Yeah they check the IP address that each one signed up under and most likely names and credit card info so that one person cannot just make up 5 emails and do the whole thing themselves.

One more question about this iPod deal. Does anyone know if the final referral usually takes a while to be completed after sign-up?

I have 4 completed deals and someone just completed the Stamps.com deal for #5. This was a couple days ago but my referral status page says it still hasn't been completed yet. I know some of them can take a few weeks to be completed, but I thought this one was supposed to be completed as soon as someone signs up for it. Are they just double checking all my info before they approve it or should I be worried?

This stuff could take a while. I did similar deals with freedvd4me.com and it took a lot of time and a lot of complaining to customer support in order to get the credit/dvds i wanted.

The blockbuster offer takes 2-3 days not weeks... I used that offer and it was complete in 2-3 days... Give it some time...The offer might be taking its time confiming the info......Just be sure that your friends actually completed an offer not just signed up using your referal. And an interuption from clicking on your referal link to signing up with an offer might also affect it.

And for the people who think these are scams...they are not just do any search on the internet and you will seee hundreds of people who have received a free ipod, and flatscreen. Currently I am typing on my free flatscreen montior from..freeflatscreens.com and I also have my free ipod in front of me as well... Your loss if you don't act on it.

Nate

bread's done
Back