Question from an Ebay MORON...lol

thesilentshadow30

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
I got a couple question recently on one of my auctions.
I thought I would share... however not the bidder's name.

First Question...
"I don't know much about video games, this is for my grandson. He needs the game to play on Game Boy Advance SP. Does this game work with this version?"

Ok normal question for someone that doesn't know games.
I respond " Yes, it will work with any GBA."

Second Question (well it wasn't really a question from them)...
"Obviously this is a joke...each time I bid it says there is a higher bidder immediately, eventhough the high bid is listed. Won't try this again from you. Thank you"

Ok... WTF???
I respond "Obviously you don't know Ebay. Ebay will make bids for a bidder up to their Maximum bid amount. You do not become the High Bidder by just bidding a higher amount than the current bid. You must bid higher than that persons Maximum bid.
Perhaps you should EDUCATE yourself before you ASSUME you know how things work.
Besides... if you don't understand how bidding works, I know I wouldn't want to sale it to you because YOU WOULD BE A PAIN to deal with."

[quote name='thesilentshadow30']I got a couple question recently on one of my auctions.
I thought I would share... however not the bidder's name.

First Question...
"I don't know much about video games, this is for my grandson. He needs the game to play on Game Boy Advance SP. Does this game work with this version?"

Ok normal question for someone that doesn't know games.
I respond " Yes, it will work with any GBA."

Second Question (well it wasn't really a question from them)...
"Obviously this is a joke...each time I bid it says there is a higher bidder immediately, eventhough the high bid is listed. Won't try this again from you. Thank you"

Ok... WTF???
I respond "Obviously you don't know Ebay. Ebay will make bids for a bidder up to their Maximum bid amount. You do not become the High Bidder by just bidding a higher amount than the current bid. You must bid higher than that persons Maximum bid.
Perhaps you should EDUCATE yourself before you ASSUME you know how things work.
Besides... if you don't understand how bidding works, I know I wouldn't want to sale it to you because YOU WOULD BE A PAIN in the @$$ to deal with."

Ebay is being flooded with MORONS....[/QUOTE]

Wow, you are fantastic at customer service :roll:

If you really sent that response you are an idiot. The guy is new and doesn't know ebay. You could have easily responded in a calm, professional manner. There's no excuse to act like that.

1) It's a grandmother or grandfather.

2) It's a grandmother or grandfather.

Better to let someone else win it. Knowing this person, they'd complain about something after getting the game and leaving you negative feedback.

You could have been a bit nicer, but oh well.

- 1 potential buyer *HIGH FIVE*

But I can see not wanting to deal w/ someone based on an idiotic question. I typically just ignore those.

The nice response would have been to point them to eBay's help page on how bidding works.

This was not this person first time bidding on anything. They did have some + feedback, however not much. I just know that if that person would have bid and won, I would have nothing but problems from it.

I can see what would come next....

How do I get it? Will you bring it to me and I will pay for it then.
What's Paypal... how does it work?
I'll just give you a check... (I don't take checks)

I guess I could have been maybe a bit nicer but come on... how many people find auctions hard to understand?

Before everyone starts saying "It's a grandpa or grandma"
And???? that really doens't mean anything.
That doesn't mean this was an OLD person like everyone probably has pictured in their minds right now.

I would rather get a little less for something and have no problems, then
get just a tiny bit more to spend the next month or more dealing with it because I sold to someone that doesn't understand how things work.

[quote name='thesilentshadow30']This was not this person first time bidding on anything. They did have some + feedback, however not much. I just know that if that person would have bid and won, I would have nothing but problems from it.

I can see what would come next....

How do I get it? Will you bring it to me and I will pay for it then.
What's Paypal... how does it work?
I'll just give you a check... (I don't take checks)

I guess I could have been maybe a bit nicer but come on... how many people find auctions hard to understand?

Before everyone starts saying "It's a grandpa or grandma"
And???? that really doens't mean anything.
That doesn't mean this was an OLD person like everyone probably has pictured in their minds right now.

I would rather get a little less for something and have no problems, then
get just a tiny bit more to spend the next month or more dealing with it because I sold to someone that doesn't understand how things work.[/QUOTE]

I don't have a problem with you not wanting to deal with him. That's your choice. You just handled your response poorly in my mind.

bread's done
Back