Question in regards to EB/Gamestop disc replacement.

MaddogMonty

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
So I was just thinking about how much I've wasted on purchasing these which I have never used when I had an idea. It costed me 3$ to guarantee GTA IV which came with a one month trial for XBL Gold.

What I want to know is that if I were to return my disc and say it was faulty would I: Get a brand new game still in the case?(and therefore including the trial card) Be able to purchase the replacement plan on that disc also?

If you haven't noticed already this could technically mean I could end up with a year of XBL gold for only 36$. So CAG, Would it work?

Since you have to sign for each one. And this would heavily be considered fraud. Maybe?

You wouldn't be able to hit the same EB twice or they'd shoot you down or worse.

I know Goomba sells them for 43$.

I would say shut it and pay the extra 5$ rather than try to scam EB,

Also starting tomorrow ToysRUs is having 25% off gaming accessories. Which would make it be around the same.

It probably depends on the location, but when my 360 burned a line in the disc I took my game in and took the 1 month card out before hand, and they opened a sealed copy of the game, and took the 1 month card because that's how I had brought it to them. This is how their policy is designed to work (they give you back what you give them - so if you brought them a game back with no manual, they should give you a new disc without the manual as well). I know some locations may not follow this rule so technically this is a possibility, but I highly doubt you'd be able to get away with it. Plus it would probably be a lot more running around than it's really worth.

bread's done
Back