question new to WOW

cmello4life

CAG Veteran
ok so i bought warcraft 3 battlechest late last week from amazon when it was on sale for 20$. well anyways it came with a free 14 day trial to wow..i knew i was gonna have to update it, but no matter what i do i'm behind i firewall i tried to fix it and can't i'm getting it down to about 20 hours for the update. will the 20 hour update take away from my 14 day trial period? i played guild wars and loved it and my cousin keeps telling me wow is better he loved guild wars also, so i thought i try it..so if anyone can tell me if it will take away from my 14 days would be thankful. also if i do like it do i need to go buy it still or just buy like a month time on it?

your 14 days start when you first make your wow account. If you want to keep playing, you need to go out and buy the actual game (Amazon had WoW plus Burning Crusade for $30 I think)

As long as you have not created your WoW account and activated the 14-day trial yet, you're fine. If you decide to play after the 14 days, you will need to buy the game (and expansions, if you choose) and use game-time cards or a credit card to start the subscription. I believe you'll get another 30 days free after that, but I'm not entirely sure about that.

[quote name='CounterSeal']As long as you have not created your WoW account and activated the 14-day trial yet, you're fine. If you decide to play after the 14 days, you will need to buy the game (and expansions, if you choose) and use game-time cards or a credit card to start the subscription. I believe you'll get another 30 days free after that, but I'm not entirely sure about that.[/QUOTE]

Yes. You get your 30 days when you buy the game. So it possibly mean that you get 30 days plus 14 days trial, which isn't bad. However, I think the trial only lets you level up to 10.

I think the level cap is 20 (I recently had a level 12 on a trial account). You also can't receive or send mail (at least not gold), nor trade items with anyone

[quote name='Oktoberfest']I think the level cap is 20 (I recently had a level 12 on a trial account). You also can't receive or send mail (at least not gold), nor trade items with anyone[/QUOTE]

Ah, they must have bumped it up then. It has been awhile since I played (or read any info on it).

OP, have you tried disabling Windows Firewall, and any virus protection programs that include firewalls? In any case, Blizzard's downloader can be pretty slow regardless of what you do.

ya i tried everything..it took about 2 days of downloading to get everything working..and so far it's an alright game i don't know why so many people are addicted to it yet.

[quote name='cmello4life']ya i tried everything..it took about 2 days of downloading to get everything working..and so far it's an alright game i don't know why so many people are addicted to it yet.[/QUOTE]

Oh i thought the same thing. "Only morons pay to play a game. This is boring. Etc." It grows on you.

lol..how much is a month though? well i started creating a bad guy and well his story line really sucked the good guys ain't that bad

bread's done
Back