Question on gamestop returns?

merchie89

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
Ok I bought the final fantasy 13 collectors edition guide in store the day the game came out. Today I realized i really didnt need the guide and didn't want to wait for prices to soar on eBay so I want to try and return it.

As of now, I cannot find my receipt so I probably am SOL but wanna try....

It is still sealed in plastic but I was wondering if there was any way for them to look up my transaction?

I paid for it like half EDGE card and the rest on a credit card....so ya just wondering because I wanna get more credit before a potential b2g1 sale!!

AFAIK all returns require a receipt but if you want to "take advantage" of walmart they will take it back without a receipt. Although, I do not know if they ever carried the CE guide to begin with... Just a thought.

still might try to flip it on amazon or something but these are still pretty common.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you remember the date of the transaction you can go back to the Gamestop you picked it up from and have them look it up (Gamestop stores only store transaction data locally). It also cuts down on the time if you remember which register you bought it on.

If they give you shit and tell you they can't do that, tell them to hit "F5" from the main menu, and it should be "F12" from there (View Journal). You'll get part back on an Edge or gift card, and you need to make sure you have the credit card you used to pay for it.

This isn't an answer to your question...but for future reference, never buy guides, especially collector's editions, from Gamestop. I typically get CE guides for half their cover price from Amazon the day of release - the FFXIII guide was no exception. :)

[quote name='IOnceWasLegend']If you remember the date of the transaction you can go back to the Gamestop you picked it up from and have them look it up (Gamestop stores only store transaction data locally). It also cuts down on the time if you remember which register you bought it on.

If they give you shit and tell you they can't do that, tell them to hit "F5" from the main menu, and it should be "F12" from there (View Journal). You'll get part back on an Edge or gift card, and you need to make sure you have the credit card you used to pay for it.[/QUOTE]

true, they can find it thru ur edge card/info of purchase as long as u didnt lie. but then again, why would u buy a strategy guide for a game that requires ur own strategy? thast fuckin stupid.... just kidding lol

yes, you can return it for ur money if its within 30 days or credit at least, good luck

bread's done
Back