Question on Xbox Controller

there is no bootleg wireless controller as MS doesnt license out the wifi technology. I am guessing you got a controller removed from a bundle. Check the stick to see if it been used

"It arrived in a small clear plastic type box with instructions but not in an official xbox case."

Do you have a pic? Official controllers come in a clear blisterpack and not a cardboard box. The blisterpack does have carboard in it with Xbox logos and stuff though...

It did not arrive in this type of packaging
controller-717677.jpg

But it came with the controller and an instruction book in a little flimsy plastic container. There were no batteries in it either.

It sounds like 62t is right, that it's more than likely one that was packed in with the system. It's just whoever sold it was cheap and didn't send the batteries with it.

Dammit, Amazon's been getting shittier and shittier like this recently. I recently got a bootleg PSP cable that was advertised as being official, sold by Amazon and not a third party seller, and not one of those "shipped from and sold by Amazon but through a third party seller" sort of things. It was literally from Amazon.

Their packaging has also gone downhill (many damaged items from those fold up boxes) and their prime shipping has gone to shit. It makes me sad =(

I don't have a picture yet, but I tested it out last night and it would not turn on my xbox or even work once my xbox was turned on, manually. I called CS and explained the situation to them the refunded my money back and gave me a shipping paper to send it back.

It was purchased through amazon but from a third party vendor. When I opened up the back it had different markings from my current controller. I don't know if that means anything or not.

Either way i think the lesson here is if you buy from amazon make sure its not from a 3rd party.

[quote name='Slappybob']It was purchased through amazon but from a third party vendor.[/QUOTE]

That's probably it right there. You should make sure you explicitly state to Amazon that this seller is selling bootlegs under the official listing, assuming it was actually under the official listing to begin with. You've got to be careful.

Then again, they were less than willing to accept that the bootleg PSP cable was actually a bootleg and rationalized the bootleggishness by calling it a regional difference and then backing it up by a gut feeling that their rationalization was actually true rather than investigating it.

bread's done
Back