Question re: Free Disney Movie Tix (from Cars blu-ray)

Javery

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
When I go to redeem the code I get a list of theaters and none of them are even close to my house. If I just print the tix from the closest place will any theater accept them or are these things theater specific?

[quote name='Javery']When I go to redeem the code I get a list of theaters and none of them are even close to my house. If I just print the tix from the closest place will any theater accept them or are these things theater specific?[/QUOTE]

Honestly I have had no real problems using them in theaters that aren't on the list or picking a theater that I ended up not going to. The only thing I would see if there was a problem with is if the ticket says DISCOVER on it. As I had a problem with the First Class tickets,the theater I went to did not accept discover. The manager let us thru anyways on opening weekend :). You can always call ahead to check it out.

When I have done them in the past I have picked one place and have gone to another place to use them. But both places were always on the list of places they could be used at. Maybe try and call the theater you want to use them at and see if they accept them even though they are not on the list. I know the one drive-in that is still in my area does not show up on the theaters that accept the free tickets but when you go to the drive-ins website it says they accept them right on it.

I put down to go to one theater and then went to another without any issue. I didn't even see where it said so on the ticket. However, I went to the same chain (Wehrenberg) just different theaters.

The coupons are actually "pre-paid" Discover credit cards-- so as stated above, any place that accepts Discover should be able to take them.

From past experience, my guess is the theaters listed are paying the site a premium for "advertising" them.

Thanks guys. I printed the tickets from the closest theater (the page does say Discover on there) and I'm going to try this afternoon. I'm hoping to take the whole family for $8! I have 2 DMR tickets plus 2 $4 groupon tickets...

[quote name='Javery']Thanks guys. I printed the tickets from the closest theater (the page does say Discover on there) and I'm going to try this afternoon. I'm hoping to take the whole family for $8! I have 2 DMR tickets plus 2 $4 groupon tickets...[/QUOTE]

awesome!

I just want to take this to vent and say 'eff' the free Cars 2 movie tickets from buying those Cars and Incredibles BD packs..IDK if it was heavily mentioned back then, but apparently you can only get one ticket per DMR account..had to totally set up a second account in my wifes name. Little bit of a hassle, but wished they would have made more than one redeemable per account

[quote name='token2k6']I just want to take this to vent and say 'eff' the free Cars 2 movie tickets from buying those Cars and Incredibles BD packs..IDK if it was heavily mentioned back then, but apparently you can only get one ticket per DMR account..had to totally set up a second account in my wifes name. Little bit of a hassle, but wished they would have made more than one redeemable per account[/QUOTE]

I was able to one ticket each from Cars and Incredibles on the same account.

[quote name='ElBlueGuey']I was able to one ticket each from Cars and Incredibles on the same account.[/QUOTE]

grrr..maybe I should have been in a more sober moment when I tried. I swear it just kept taking me to a page that looked like I already claimed it as soon as I entered the second code..

[quote name='ElBlueGuey']I was able to one ticket each from Cars and Incredibles on the same account.[/QUOTE]

Same here. One DMR account and 2 tickets.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Click on find theaters at the top:

http://www.hollywoodmoviemoney.com/

I selected a specific theater and printed thinking I had to go there, but then I checked the list and went to another one without any issues.[/QUOTE]

I selected the closest theater and printed out the tickets. I went to my local AMC theater and they took all 4 of my tickets with (almost) no problems. The 2 I bought off of Groupon for $4 each went through no problem but the DMR tickets were not being accepted by their scanners. They sent me to customer service and they figured it out in about 2 minutes. They were really nice and they said that this happened all the time. So in the end the 4 of us got to see Cars 2 for $8 total!

By the way, the movie wasn't great but I still thought it was good and the kids loved it. It was basically a straight forward action movie with a lot of great scenes. I felt similarly about Cars when I first saw that (liked it but didn't love it) and that grew over time so I'll probably end up really liking this one once I watch it on blu-ray with the kids a million times.

This is true..all depends on the person at the counter...but in all cases the theater gets their money anyways even if u don't see that particular movie.

bread's done
Back