Question Regarding A Sale: Need Help Please

AsianOnRoute69

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
I recently sold my copy of RE5 to another on CAG, and that person paid me up front via paypal. I shipped off the game via first class USPS with delivery confirmation to the address the person gave to me. Issue is is that delivery confirmation states that the package was delivered to the specified address at 12 pm today but I got a pm from the person stating that they never received it. What can I do? I followed everything I could do.

It's the buyer's problem, not yours. You shipped it and you have proof that it was delivered. Tell the buyer to contact USPS (or whatever courier you used).

[quote name='Edgeworth']It's the buyer's problem, not yours. You shipped it and you have proof that it was delivered. Tell the buyer to contact USPS (or whatever courier you used).[/quote]

problem being paypal wouldn't see it that way, id say contact a mod and see what they say

[quote name='crzyjoeguy']problem being paypal wouldn't see it that way, id say contact a mod and see what they say[/quote]

Contacting a mod, how do I do this? I'm somewhat new to this trading atmosphere.

[quote name='AsianOnRoute69']Contacting a mod, how do I do this? I'm somewhat new to this trading atmosphere.[/quote]

easiest way i know of is go to the forums index, scroll all the way down and look at the people online, mods names are in bold white not orange good luck man

[quote name='crzyjoeguy']problem being paypal wouldn't see it that way, id say contact a mod and see what they say[/QUOTE]

But he has proof the item was delivered. I don't think Paypal would side with the buyer in this situation.

Paypal is known to be a bunch of assholes that lean towards the buyer even with proof, even worse that it isn't on Ebay or something similar. Who is this mystery CAGer anyway? Needs to be posted up to warn other users

[quote name='Edgeworth']But he has proof the item was delivered. I don't think Paypal would side with the buyer in this situation.[/quote]

he has proof that something was delivered, but what? im not saying your wrong,(i hope you are right) but i have had paypal side with the buyer before even with delivery confirmation

[quote name='MikeHoncho']Paypal is known to be a bunch of assholes that lean towards the buyer even with proof, even worse that it isn't on Ebay or something similar. Who is this mystery CAGer anyway? Needs to be posted up to warn other users[/quote]

not saying this is who it is, but this is posted in his trade list

Resident Evil 5 IS PENDING OUT *mm74*

good luck man im out got to get some sleep tonight.

[quote name='crzyjoeguy']he has proof that something was delivered, but what? im not saying your wrong,(i hope you are right) but i have had paypal side with the buyer before even with delivery confirmation[/QUOTE]

That would be horrible for the OP. I agree with the other poster, who is the buyer? I think if it's a user with no feedback then there may be reason to be suspicious of foul play--but the buyer may have actually not received the item: USPS isn't perfect afterall.

Does Paypal actually allow disputes if it isn't through eBay?

As far as CAG goes, you're in the clear if the DC info is listed as 'arrived' and it's to the correct area code. It's up to the buyer now to find out what happened to his package.

I sent a message to an administrator. Will have to reply, as for the user, it is mm74, the person requested for a deal on RE5, i had one for $45 shipped. So far, the person has been cooperative and has answered all my PMs. Just to put things in perspective. The buyer said that they would check to see if it comes in tomorrow. But, I am wary of it since delivery confirmation states the package was delivered.

I guess all you can do right now is hope for the best and hopefully mm74 is a trustworthy person and doesn't end up being a scammer. Wish you the best of luck

I guess time will tell. I already stated to mm74, that at this point, I have followed all the rules, and is now under your control, and he said ok. Still willing to provide help.

Damn, first time user. I hope this doesn't stop you from trading but I wouldn't be surprised if you don't. Maybe it will work out but a bit of advice, try to avoid new users unless it's a trade and they ship first. I have done that and have had only about one problem but settled it in my favor

I don't think one road block here is going to sway me from trading or selling or buying. Hopefully the buyer understands the situation and hopefully the game arrives to him. I wouldn't be surprised if USPS placed it in the wrong mailbox, since apartments usually have a collage of mailboxes huddled together.

well this happened to me on ebay. If you have it insured you can open a claim. The advice my post office gave me was to contact the post office that delivers mail to him. Speak to the mail carrier and ask them if they remember delivering the mail to that address. Or if he/she left it behind the bushes, back door, etc. If you haven't already asked, ask him to check with other members of the household.

Other than that, good luck. Paypal is known for siding with buyers. However, since you do have proof I think you still have a fair chance of winning the dispute if one is opened.

bread's done
Back