Question regarding Bestbuy credit card financing and Preorders

SwannShady

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey guys, I'm not 100% sure how to word this but I'll give it a shot, I'm looking to get something with my BB credit card and I wanted to preorder a couple games to take up space to get the "18 month financing". I know when you preorder a game on a card online, they charge you the full amount, then take it off, then charge you again when the game is shipped. I was wondering whether or not if that happened during the financing, would they charge me interest when they charged the card again when the game shipped, I can't find any information anywhere on this and I really don't want to call customer support because that's always a disaster every time I do.

Hope this makes sense, hopefully someone has done this before. Thanks in advance guys.

I'm not sure if this is the answer you wanted, but I will do my best to answer what it is I think you are asking.

When you pre-order a game, there is a charge placed on the card, which is then removed.  When the game ships, you will be charged the full amount, at which point is when the interest starts to accrue unless you pay the item off by your billing cycle due date.  You won't accrue interest at the time of the pre-order, unless it was in store and you put $5 dollars down on your credit card and didn't pay the bill when it came.

Hope that makes sense.

bread's done
Back