Question regarding International Ebay sale: UPDATED

XMastaCrackaX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I have put my psp on ebay as you see in the post in this forum. I was contacted by a member of ebay from Poland and he wants to send me a money order for the psp for 300 dollars US.

Does this sound too good to be true and is it risky for me if i recieve payment first and send second.

If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is. The scam usually involves sending a fake m.o. and then having the item in transit when you find out you've got nothing.

Why would someone pay you $300 for your used PSP when he could have a new one for about the same price? Sounds fishy. Be very careful.

[quote name='BigDirty']If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is. The scam usually involves sending a fake m.o. and then having the item in transit when you find out you've got nothing.[/QUOTE]

Bingo. And I guarantee that the money order they send you would be for some amount over the $300 with a request from the buyer to please send your own MO and/or wire funds equaling the amount overpaid along with the PSP. They'd have some story to explain why they sent a higher money order. So you'd be out the PSP plus the overage amount. Classic scam.

BUMP
Another person is offering another 300 dollars but paying through paypal.

Is this legit its being sent to Africa but the person lives in New Jersey.

Is paypal going to back up the transaction?

[quote name='XMastaCrackaX']BUMP

Is paypal going to back up the transaction?[/QUOTE]

I'd expect a chargeback on it, or a hijacked paypal account. That screams just as fishy since it's going someplace other than the paypal location. Also if it's the exact same amount, it may be the same scammer or syndicate of scammers.

[quote name='XMastaCrackaX']BUMP

Is paypal going to back up the transaction?[/QUOTE]

stop letting greed cloud your judgement.
it is a fraud, not sure how it can be more obvious in these cases.
relist your item and move on.

bread's done
Back