Question regarding Motherboard and adding a new video card

DukeEdwardI

CAGiversary!
Feedback
59 (100%)
I've got a video card on the way ( This one ) and I'm very much looking forward to the bump in power it will get me (upgrading from an 8800GTS 512MB).

However, my case is a bit of a mess. When I built the PC, I didn't really organize the cables very well and their all a bit crossed and it's makes cleaning, installing hard drives actually quite difficult.

What I want to know is, if I unplug a lot of the cables going TO the motherboard (power, SATA, etc), would it reset anything? I'd like to be able to unplug everything and be able to organize the cables so everything is neat and accessible, but don't want to risk it resetting some setting or screwing something up.

Might be a silly question, but would rather know for sure before I start unplugging things.

Just don't take out your CMOS battery (It's a flat, round battery and not a cord) and you'll be fine so long as you replug everything back to what it was plugged into. The only possible issue outside of not plugging back in accidentally that I can think of off the top of my head is a possible power consumption issue.

bread's done
Back