Question: Selling EB credit in-store.

Farny

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
I know we've all thought about it at one time or another, but I'd really like to know what the general opinion about this is.

So I've got $24 in EB credit, right? I figure I could just wait around an EB and wait for someone to go up and buy something. I guess I'd try to ask them if they'd want to take the edge card off me for like $20, telling them it'd save them $4 if they were paying with cash anyway.

I was wondering if EB employees would frown upon this, seeing as how, if I couldn't get rid of the credit, I'd have to buy something, meaning that they've got 2 people buying instead of one.

The people at my EB seem nice enough, but I don't know. All help is appreciated.

yes it all depends the worker but my friend tried it once and he just ask dude to use his store credit since he was buying a game anyways and the worker wasnt tripping about it...

Definitely need to approach someone on their way in . . . and pick the right profile (around your age would help).

You could offer to let them use the credit before they give you the cash . . . so they know its legit.

I'd a tough part is getting someone to 1) do it and 2) have cash on them and not a credit or debit card.

I've never thought to do something like this . . . but I LOVE my ebgames credit! Most of my game purchases now take place with EB credit.

I've seen it happen before and I never flipped out about it. Hell, there's been a few cases where someone was trading in a game and another customer was buying a used copy of the exact same game and I let the guy trading it sell it to the other customer for whatever the trade value was. As long as I'm not going to get reprimanded for it, why not help some people out? The only way I would say anything about that sort of thing was if the DM was around.

Shipping is pretty cheap for something that small and people outside the store might not trust that the card actually has $24 on it. I'd just sell it here or on ebay.

i could see problems with this unless you was allow to go up and be told by the worker how much was on the card. I mean what keeps someone from saying I got 50 bucks on this card and i sell it to you for 30. You give the dude 30 bucks go up with the 50 buck game to find out the card has 30 cents on it and the dude is long gone.

Well, yeah, I forgot to mention in my post, but I'm all for standing next to whoever during his transaction just to make sure everything was green. But if vietgurl will take it for $20 I might just go with that.

bread's done
Back