Question: Xbox 360 offer - Too good to be true?

Dragonwarrior587

CAGiversary!
I e-mail a guy about a xbox 360 aucuion and he e-mail me back saying:

Hello, I have 3 premium systems in hand ready to ship, If you would like to purchase one now you may do so. I ship via UPS 2nd day ait insured so you can track it the entire way. Please let me know if you would be interested. thanks

I said: I'm Very interested. I just needed to more info.

How Much?

he said
Hows $550 shipped?? I will throw in NBA Live 2006 and Madden 2006 for $600...let me know asap.

i said no he said make me an offer and i said i could only do around $300 and he said

I can do $320 if you pay with a cashiers check, money order or personal check, to avoid paypal fees. let me know.

what do you guys think?

Sounds fishy. Why would he sell a system well below what he could get on eBay or probably even from a newspaper classified?

Updated your title as well.

well if i pay for paypal and he says ok should i or just forget it?

he just sent an e-mail saying

comes with a receipt and full warranty.

Is this an eBay auction, or where is this? If it's eBay, there's no way you should send him PayPal outside the context of the auction itself. That's one of the things they warn you about.

I wouldn't even do PayPal. If you do DEFINITELY pay from a CC. If you don't have a CC linked to your account, don't do it. I'd probably try to figure out if my CC company allowed chargebacks on PayPal transactions first as well. (I hear some don't.)

As long as you can chargeback to your CC you should be able to get your money back from them if this guy scams you, even if he clears out his PP account. (PayPal will be left holding the bag.)

Certainly could work out, but this one really sounds too good to be true to me.

Yahoo! auction, huh?

I wouldn't bite on it, personally. For some reason, most of the 360s I see on those auctions have too good to be true pricing and such, and are mostly from sellers with low or zero feedback.

Why don't you give us the guy's username so we can check out his feedback? Also, if you have a CC that allows PayPal chargebacks and don't mind taking a chance... it might be worth a shot.

No way I would do it personally. It can't be too long until Wal-Mart, Sears, and 7-11 have xbox 360 premium systems stacked to the ceiling.

Anytime like this something comes up, I always think to myself: would I sell something like that for that price? Hell, he would be losing money on it!

That always happens with Yahoo Auctions, when you bid on an item, you'll get 5 or 6 emails from people offering these "too good to be true" prices. Theres a reason why they are too good to be true.

Yahoo Auctions are untrustworthy enough as it is, feedback doesnt mean anything on that site. A guy with 143 positives just last week ripped off 20+ people with Xbox 360 scams. Stupdily, he accepted paypal, though the ppl who didnt pay through paypal are probably SOL.

Unless the payment is sent for an Ebay auction, Paypal doesn't really seem to care. Also, if the guy was smart, he emptied his Paypal account after receiving the payments. Paypal is unable to recover any funds that are not in the account. Those buyers will just get the standard "we were unable to recover any funds" email.

Yea I was Saying to myself do it. do it. but I decided to post here and see what you guy’s thought I’m glad i did it Definitely changed my mind.

Thanks Fellow CAGS

bread's done
Back