Question

Unnamed Saint

CAGiversary!
Ok, ever since Microsoft said they were banning people for illegally downloading stuff on the marketplace and account sharing, I was worried. I was one of the many people here who downloaded Ghostbusters: Sanctum of Slime, and Plants vs Zombies for free with the Korean marketplace (or whatever it was) technique a while back. Has anyone here got banned from this yet? If so, should I buy PvZ and Ghostbusters: SoS?

Thanks.

You shouldn't have stolen anything in the first place. I would delete your current Gamertag and start a new one immediately.

Scratch that. Buy a new 360 AND start a new Gamertag and hope they didn't track your IP address.

They were banning people who use the account track, not people who got free games from different region

[quote name='Ziv']You shouldn't have stolen anything in the first place. I would delete your current Gamertag and start a new one immediately.

Scratch that. Buy a new 360 AND start a new Gamertag and hope they didn't track your IP address.[/QUOTE]

Don't listen to this guy.

If you got the games legitimately, and by legitimately I mean not downloaded off torrents, you should be fine. Microsoft will not ban you for downloading free items.

[quote name='Dark Rider']Don't listen to this guy.

If you got the games legitimately, and by legitimately I mean not downloaded off torrents, you should be fine. Microsoft will not ban you for downloading free items.[/QUOTE]

People who did the account trick didnt use torrent either

[quote name='Dark Rider']Don't listen to this guy.

If you got the games legitimately, and by legitimately I mean not downloaded off torrents, you should be fine. Microsoft will not ban you for downloading free items.[/QUOTE]

Ok, thanks guys, just wondering.

A great idea is pay for your games, you can never 100% safe from these bans unless your getting your content 100% legitimately. Has MS banned for doing the region trick (as far as I know no) however it's well within their TOS to ban you for doing so.

[quote name='62t']They were banning people who use the account track, not people who got free games from different region[/QUOTE]
What's that?

bread's done
Back