Questions about Black Friday

Vinny

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
Since I've never been out for a Black Friday deal, I got some questions for you vets...

Is it really worth going in the morning? A friend of mine went last year at 5 in the morning for a TV and said the line was streatched around a corner. And I've heard plenty of horrer stories about going in the morning (people already being there, the retailer running out of the best items, etc.)... plus, I like sleep.

CompUSA is going to have a 160GB external USB 2.0 HDD for $50, which would make my computing life a dream since my Laptop has such limited space.

And exactly when do the ads come out? I know they're posted online, but I'd like to have physical copies so I can check out the details (and actually see what I'm going for, those online lists are long and the ad scans are a bitch to go though on a widescreen laptop display).

Thanks in advance!:)

the ads will come out on thanksgiving day (thursday, nov 24). the most coveted items will require you to get up extra early if you want a chance at them. a $50 160gb external HD sounds like something a lot of people are going to want so i would get there real early (perhaps as early as 4 am).

[quote name='62t']compusa is opening on midnight Black Friday, so go early.[/QUOTE]

Wait, don't they close at like... 10 PM? So they're opening again 2 hours later huh? Well then, that's not too bad... I can take that.:)

Hell it's fun just watching some of the people fighting over things. Last year I watched 2 OLD women almost come to blows over a cheap DVD player at Sears, it was priceless.

Haha.. yeah, I heard some of those stories.

I think I'll pick up a that external HDD, that's all I really see. I would've liked a nice flat screen TV but I don't see anything too great (except for a Insignia widescreen 30" HDTV for $400 at Best Buy).

CompUSA shouldn't be too much of a problem since it's opening at midnight... so I can go to BB early in the morning.

[quote name='Vinny']Wait, don't they close at like... 10 PM? So they're opening again 2 hours later huh? Well then, that's not too bad... I can take that.:)[/QUOTE]

No, they don't open 2 hours later. They're closed on Thanksgiving. :lol:

amazed no one has posted this yet,blackfridayads.com currently has best buy rumors and actual scans of compusa among others. not as up to date as the other site, but is another helpful resource.

[quote name='Saucy Jack']No, they don't open 2 hours later. They're closed on Thanksgiving. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Haha yeah I was about to post that. I think the only store that opens on thanksgiving therefore making their employees work is KMART... what a bunch of asses.

[quote name='fireball343']amazed no one has posted this yet,blackfridayads.com currently has best buy rumors and actual scans of compusa among others. not as up to date as the other site, but is another helpful resource.[/QUOTE]

..... but they have already posted that.

I think I'll pop a sanity pill and skip Black Friday this year unless something truly awesome comes down (haven't seen anything yet).

Black Friday outings in recent years just haven't been worth it... people become total a-holes and the sales aren't even that great, if anything is even left by the time you get through the aisles.

A few months ago I was pretty psyched about it, but since then we had the Circuit City $9.96 clearance and the TRU B2G1 sale plus the awesome green tag stuff. I've got enough games to last me through next year and all my electronic gear is still humming along just fine. I've got everything I want/need at this point.

CompUSA is closed on Thankgiving? In recent years, a lot of the stores back home started to stay open during the holidays... BB is open until 6 or 7 PM that day, and I know our Wal-Mart is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Oh well, I guess I'll only be picking up one item... but it's something I need.:)

[quote name='paintballers']How fast does the good items dissappear during black friday?[/QUOTE]

Usually pretty quick. Those items are there mainly to draw people into the store, there aren't many of 'em in stock to begin with.

i saw an ad for a laptop computer at bestbuy for around 300+ last year. Got up early and drove to the store at around 4am in the morning. the line was already going around the corner and to the back. I ended up being in line at the back of the store. the bestbuy people then started giving out flyers for the deals that are advertised. they asked the people in line if they're buying certain things and if they want the flyers for it. basically if you have the flyer, you can pick up that item in the store. they ran out of laptop flyer by the time they got to me, but i was able to pick up a flyer for a desktop pc---but since i didnt need it i just gave it to somebody else. i then just stayed in line to see all the craziness of black friday. I went to the store, looked at at all the people....then walked out without buying anything. i later hit up fry's and compusa and bought some things....which are not really black friday deals. then ate breakfast at mickey dees....and just chill. I love black friday.

when i got home, i saw the laptop i was aiming for posted at ebay for w/ 50 dollar markup as opening bid.

I've never been on any Black Friday deals, I usually just sleep in. But the CompUSA hard drive deals are starting to attract me since I have less than 10GB left on my 200GB hard drive.

How do you manage to fill up a 200GB hard drive? I didn't even have half of my 80GB filled and I had a lot of crap. Well, I thought I had a lot...

i think it generally is a pretty miserable experience, the super-great deals will be gone before anyone without a "star wars" personality can get in the store, so i think unless you have desperate financial need and want to pull an all-nighter -- stay home (that's not to say you shouldn't go during the day and take a shot at what is left)

[quote name='cletus']How do you manage to fill up a 200GB hard drive? I didn't even have half of my 80GB filled and I had a lot of crap. Well, I thought I had a lot...[/QUOTE]
between anime, music, games, movies, and tv show, very easy.

bread's done
Back