Questions about Blu Ray player optical drives.

UnicornBang

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I am thinking about putting a Blu Ray optical drive in my PC. I see they are around 50-70 bucks. I was wondering if it would be worth it considering I only have a 720p tv. I have my PC hooked up through HDMI to my TV but not sure if the quality of my TV will really make the Blu Ray's look terrible. Any input is appreciated.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Get a PS3 from either Warehouse deals or wait until after the 20th when there may be a price drop on them :)[/QUOTE]

Why would he do that? $60~ for a drive he can stick into his current PC, or $200+ for an entirely new device that needs to be hooked up to his TV separately.

Uhh...

Anyways, Blus will still look fine in 720p. Your TV isn't going to "make them look terrible".

[quote name='ShockandAww']Get a PS3 from either Warehouse deals or wait until after the 20th when there may be a price drop on them :)[/QUOTE]

Or he is looking at Blu-Rays for data backups.

Make sure your PC has the graphics for it (and at 720p most will) & software to play Blu-ray you'll be fine. It will still look good and be in HD, just not at it's max potential (1080p, 3d, etc.)

720 should be fine. Just be aware that a lot of those bluray drives don't come with software to actually play blurays.

bread's done
Back