Questions about Circuit City in your area about XBOX 360

swissx1

CAGiversary!
Questions about Circuit City in your area about XBOX 360

Hey guys I live in the Chicago area. I would like to tknow if your Circuit City had a waiting list after Xbox 360 launch. I was told that stores was able to have a waiting list up to nine days after that launch. Well I thought it was silly to stand in a line all night at a store that had only 13 systems when you knew there was no chance of you getting one. I can be to the Circuit City a number time sand not once did someone mention that their was a waiting list. A buddy told that there was one that they added his name to on the saturday after the launch .When I call and asked about it they say "no there is no waiting list". I also went into the store hoping to snag one and tell told me the same thing. I thought my buddy was mistaken. Well 3 weeks later as I am purchasing some stuff at Circuit City, the cashier tell me after as kme did find everything, I just mention in a joking way "didn't find the 360?" SHe told we did put you name on the waitng list?" After a conversion with the manager the list the at did not exist appeared.

My question for you guys, Did Circuit City have a list in your area?Personally I feel like they picked and choosed who they want to be on that list. On Christmas EVe my friend was called from that list that his system came in. I went in the store an hour later and manager flat out lied that they had no system comen the store. When I confronted about my buddy picking his up that day. He started changing his story. Ask his him why there no sign saying XBOX 360 sold out please got to customer service to sign up for the waiting list. His quote"Well we would have thousand on the list."

Am I wrong feel like they pick and choosed would get one?

Thanks guys

[quote name='swissx1']Questions about Circuit City in your area about XBOX 360

Hey guys I live in the Chicago area. I would like to tknow if your Circuit City had a waiting list after Xbox 360 launch. I was told that stores was able to have a waiting list up to nine days after that launch. Well I thought it was silly to stand in a line all night at a store that had only 13 systems when you knew there was no chance of you getting one. I can be to the Circuit City a number time sand not once did someone mention that their was a waiting list. A buddy told that there was one that they added his name to on the saturday after the launch .When I call and asked about it they say "no there is no waiting list". I also went into the store hoping to snag one and tell told me the same thing. I thought my buddy was mistaken. Well 3 weeks later as I am purchasing some stuff at Circuit City, the cashier tell me after as kme did find everything, I just mention in a joking way "didn't find the 360?" SHe told we did put you name on the waitng list?" After a conversion with the manager the list the at did not exist appeared.

My question for you guys, Did Circuit City have a list in your area?Personally I feel like they picked and choosed who they want to be on that list. On Christmas EVe my friend was called from that list that his system came in. I went in the store an hour later and manager flat out lied that they had no system comen the store. When I confronted about my buddy picking his up that day. He started changing his story. Ask his him why there no sign saying XBOX 360 sold out please got to customer service to sign up for the waiting list. His quote"Well we would have thousand on the list."

Am I wrong feel like they pick and choosed would get one?

Thanks guys[/QUOTE]

Its very simple you have a friend who lies and employees at big box retailers never know what in the hell is going on let alone a cashier who never leaves from their register.

[quote name='Graystone']Its very simple you have a friend who lies and employees at big box retailers never know what in the hell is going on let alone a cashier who never leaves from their register.[/QUOTE]

Friend is cool, Circuit city management at that store sucks. If you are going to lie at least have it straight with everybody.

If you really want a a laugh you should see the response I got from the Main Circuit City office. The rep said "it was just an Xbox" and "Christmas is over anyway" . I guess what I pass by that store to best buy I will just think I am "just another Customer"

bread's done
Back