questions about the eb 'gaming gaurantee'

cm matty

CAGiversary!
i know the gist of the deal...if you preorder a game, you get the full value back within a week. my questions are as follows:

1) the full value that i get back is the original price right...i did the trade 3 to preorder a copy. i'll get the retail price of the game as opposed to the original trade value of the 3 titles, correct?

2) will this work for the SE of a game too? i preordered a regular copy of RE5, as well as a special edition. i'm still not sure which one i want. since i preordered the SE last year, i only had to pay an extra $10 to pay it all off (cost me $40 total). if i return that within a week, will i get the full $99 credit? i really want to play the game, but there's nothing in the SE that screams 'i'm worth an extra $30' to me.

1) Its the original price of the game, not the TIV of your 3 titles that you get back.

2) It should work for the SE...As long as you return it with all of the pieces that came with it.

Ah. I wasn't sure. Theoretically, I thought it would...

Stupid me, thinking logically...Forgot I'm talking about a retailer here. *slaps head*

[quote name='janlazer']Ah. I wasn't sure. Theoretically, I thought it would...

Stupid me, thinking logically...Forgot I'm talking about a retailer here. *slaps head*[/quote]
Actually, it makes perfect sense why they wouldn't include the CE in their guarantee. It is a "guarantee" that you will enjoy and keep the game, they don't expect someone who likes the game to return it so quick, but someone who buys the CE version is already saying that they like the game, why else would they pay an extra $20-30 if they are planning on trading it in within a week.

i can confirm that you get full credit back on s edge card, i got 69.99 back on the edge when i cancelled my RE5 pre-order.

and.... the Ce doesnt work with GG.

Bencher I'm curious, how come you didn't keep RE5, play it for a week, then do the gaming guarantee and get your money back? You end up still getting your $$ back, but you played RE5 at the same time.

[quote name='game_fanatic']Bencher I'm curious, how come you didn't keep RE5, play it for a week, then do the gaming guarantee and get your money back? You end up still getting your $$ back, but you played RE5 at the same time.[/quote]

dont have a ps3 to play it in :(, otherwise, i would have kept it for a week just like everybod else ;)
so im getting it later on, when i get my ps3 back. i hope its not as hard as RE4...

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm thinking about trading in UFC with the Gaming Guarantee. If I picked it up on a Tuesday, I should be okay returning it the next Tuesday, right? Or are they counting every day you were in possession of the game (8 in this case) in an effort to screw people? The website just says "within one week of the product’s pickup date."

I just assume the deal is 'A week from the release date', but this doesn't bother me since none of the featured games are ones I have any intention of playing. :p

bread's done
Back