Questions regarding some items

penetratingpincer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone knows where I could find the following items in the Toronto, Ontario area?

1) some PS3 real triggers (L2/R2 button mod for PS3 controllers)
2) some convex -> concave PS3 analog stick mods
3) PS3 programmable controller (allows analog stick combos to be programmed)?
4) PS3 turbo controller or something like a Crossfire Adapter Plus / KO Gear type thing?
5) Crysis maximum edition for cheap?
6) FEAR2 PC for cheap?
7) Zune HD? I know Tigerdirect.ca would have these but it's really expensive. Should I wait for the official Canada launch or try to obtain it from the US somehow? (Any advice?)

Thanks in advance for any help / advice.

wrong forum?

crysis maximum was cheap on steam yesterday
fear2 may be found for $20 somewhere

Sorry, I'm kinda new to CAG so I didn't know where to post it? I was also looking specifically for something available in Canada if possible.

I was looking for the actual box + media + keys for FEAR2 PC and Crysis Maximum. Didn't want to get them on Steam if possible.

[quote name='penetratingpincer']I was looking for the actual box + media + keys for FEAR2 PC and Crysis Maximum. Didn't want to get them on Steam if possible.[/QUOTE]

Then you're shit out of luck, Crysis has been $49.99 since release. You'll have to wait until Crysis 2 comes out.

[quote name='penetratingpincer']3) PS3 programmable controller (allows analog stick combos to be programmed)?
4) PS3 turbo controller or something like a Crossfire Adapter Plus / KO Gear type thing?[/QUOTE]

Also stop ruining my fighters online :p.

[quote name='kathos']Also stop ruining my fighters online :p.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, it's not for street fighter ... it's for doing the crazy Rachel twirl in Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 for some of the crazier missions. For that there are several ways to do the twirl ... a couple involve tapping buttons rapidly. Another way (and better is to tap the left analog stick rapidly in a square or diamond formation). I wanted to program some sort of macro for the square / diamond because it seems to have strict timing that I can't keep doing it continuously for 5-10 mins...

[quote name='kathos']Then you're shit out of luck, Crysis has been $49.99 since release. You'll have to wait until Crysis 2 comes out.[/QUOTE]

Hmm.. that's a good point. I could wait until then .. the cheapest I think I saw it for was on newegg.ca for $39.99 or something like that...

Thank you, Princess Zelda and Cthulhu8u!

I went to Walmart @ Dufferin to check it out and the PS3 real triggers were there for $6.98. There also happened to be a Toys R Us right beside that Walmart and they had the triggers for $4.99. Obviously, I picked up the $4.99 one, but at least I know where to get them now if I want another set.

$40 for crysis maximum? i guess that's alright... that's 3 discs/games (original, warhead, wars)

my warhead was $30 almost a year ago.. i should have waited for maximum

oh & what do you call cheap... you should give a preferred price (for fear2/crysis), & also the prices you've seen so far

Real triggers are great (more so for FPS) and they are at Toys R Us....Pellican brand I believe for $5.

I picked up Crysis Max for $20 at Wal-Mart. It was in the PC game section buried. I actually got help from a staff member with my digging and we eventually found it. I was surprised how many good PC games were there for cheap.

I haven't been able to get acccess to my PS3 yet to try out the real triggers. My parents are using it to watch blu-rays.

FEAR2 ... I was hoping $10 - 15, but I can go to $20
Crysis Maximum ... I was hopiing $20 - $25.

I'll try to have another visit to Walmart in case they have Crysis Maximum there. I don't think I looked too hard today in my trip to walmart since I had to run other errands.

[quote name='Gamin_Guru']How are the real triggers ? Keep in mind I've been using a dualshock controller for 10 years now[/QUOTE]

As mentioned they're great for FPS's. Easy to pop on and off in case you want to (be a real CheapAss and) use just one set on multiple DualShocks. They are Pelican brand so they're made decently. I imagine they'd also fit on the DS2 since it's basically the same design as the new ones.
They do need a bit of getting used to since they make the L2 and R2 much more sensitive. I barely brushed my finger against it playing Borderlands and my character started firing :lol:

Oh, I intend to reuse the triggers and stuff. I just want a second set because my brother and I might be playing simultaneously (like Resistance 1 -- yeah, I know it's old but it's still fun for us)

I looked at the Bloor/Dufferin Walmart and they had Crysis Warhead but not Crysis Maximum. I guess I'll need to try and call around. If not I'll try to wait until Crysis 2 comes out.

but they're all different games... you'll still 'need' the old ones when crysis 2 is out

almost all of my ps3 games are from 2006-2008 (got console in aug 2009)

bread's done
Back