Quick casual games?

olde_english

CAGiversary!
The missus is an avid Carcassonne player but has had enough of negative gamers quitting, tile tapping and talking trash and so is looking for another game. Any recommendations?

She is a fan of Carcassonne because she enjoys puzzle games and the rounds are super quick (significantly reducing the chance of offspring interrupting her game). Quick, easy and no attitude are the criteria I'm filtering. We have Peggle Chime, and Catan already, and she has previously been a big fan of Professor Layton and Civ:Rev (when she had more time).

I appreciate any suggestions.

Zuma might be a good game.

Also try Limbo and/or Braid. I really recommend Limbo, it has puzzles. Fun puzzles.

get off the xbox and get a wii. if she doesn't like little 15 year olds rage quitting and talking like juveniles you got to get off xbox live.

I'd throw Viva Pinata in to the mix. My wife hasn't gotten into playing it herself, but liked when I would play it. (Versus the normal reaction while playing sports games, it seems to appeal. lol)

[quote name='olde_english']The missus is an avid Carcassonne player but has had enough of negative gamers quitting, tile tapping and talking trash and so is looking for another game. Any recommendations?

She is a fan of Carcassonne because she enjoys puzzle games and the rounds are super quick (significantly reducing the chance of offspring interrupting her game). Quick, easy and no attitude are the criteria I'm filtering. We have Peggle Chime, and Catan already, and she has previously been a big fan of Professor Layton and Civ:Rev (when she had more time).

I appreciate any suggestions.[/QUOTE]
I haven't played Carcasonne in months, but I'm so glad I grabbed it when it was offered for free way back. I just got a 360 slim and Hexic HD was pre-installed on it; it's an older xbla title along the lines of Tetris/Bejeweled. No multiplayer, and it moves slower if you intend to do anything fancy, but it's got a save feature that lets you pick up from where you left off any time you quit out. Might be worth looking into.

I recommend picking up the xbla gamepack called Qubed. It contains the full versions of Lumines, Rez HD, and Every Extend Extra Extreme (E4). I'm pretty sure it's cheaper than buying each game individually of xbla. My girlfriend loved playing Lumines and E4.

She also enjoyed Braid, but felt it got too challenging in the later stages of the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='shosh']get off the xbox and get a wii.[/QUOTE]

We have a Wii. Most of the games aren't conducive to motherly pursuits like breastfeeding however - too much jiggling around.

[quote name='shosh'] if she doesn't like little 15 year olds rage quitting and talking like juveniles you got to get off xbox live.[/QUOTE]

I expect that playing MW2, but sadly Carcassonne is usually populated with people my own age. I'm sort of embarrassed for them.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone, think I'll look into Qubed for her.

I can't believe anyone quits carcasonne. What is tile tapping? I would be interested in playing a game of carcasonne anytime! Hit me up on xbl.

Magic the gathering is a pretty quick casual game but there are quitters on there too. Those people lose and you automatically get the win.

bread's done
Back