Quick question about accepting payment.

Farny

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Well, I've sold only a couple items before on eBay, both requiring payment through a check.

Now, I want to be able to accept Paypal, but am I allowed to instruct buyers that they can only use non-CC Paypal, from their balance, or a bank account? I don't want to switch my account and have to pay fees right now, so I'm not sure.

Worst comes to worst, I'll just accept CC payment, but can I switch back to an account that isn't charged for receiving non-CC payments after that?

I'm sorry if that was confusing, but any help is really appreciated. Thanks.

The "new" rules on ebay state that you have to accept all forms of paypal payments in order to accept paypal on ebay. You can still have both types of accounts, but you cannot state that you accept only certain kinds of payments.

To answer your last question: no. Once you upgrade your Paypal account to premier to accept credit card payments, there is no way to downgrade back to personal.

Yeah, I originally heard you could switch back once, but it doesn't really matter. It's only around 2%, correct?

[quote name='Farny']Yeah, I originally heard you could switch back once, but it doesn't really matter. It's only around 2%, correct?[/QUOTE]

Something like that, but it quickly becomes annoying since it takes 2% off of every payment you recieve.

Another quick an unrelated question.

Is there any way to actually offer free shipping if you buy it now? Like, if the buyer used Buy it Now on your auction, can you set it up on eBay so that when they checkout the shipping is free? Or can I only instruct them to pay $5 less, or refund it?

If you advertise free shipping with BIN then the buyer must wait until you send the invoice. In which case you can change the shipping to free. Other than that, just list is as only a BIN and charge no shipping.

If you go to My Ebay and Seller Preferences, you can make it so buyers can edit payment totals (such as changing the shipping fee afterwards). Also I think the paypal fee is 3% plus 30 cents.

[quote name='DreamSymphony']The "new" rules on ebay state that you have to accept all forms of paypal payments in order to accept paypal on ebay. You can still have both types of accounts, but you cannot state that you accept only certain kinds of payments.[/quote]
I don't know why they keep changning the rules for payment options. I rather use a merchant processor on ebay. I am currently using www.cardservicesales.com to accept payments on my site and it works great. I hope ebay can switch to something similiar to reduce fee's and help out sellers with profits.

bread's done
Back