Quick Question about NNID on 3DS

ECisMe

CAGiversary!
I have a question about the Nintendo Network ID on 3DS. I just bought a 3DS XL, which is on its way to me. I've done some reseach about the purchases on the 3DS eShop, and it seems like Big N will help you transfer your purchases to a new 3DS if yours breaks and you still have the old one. But, I can't seem to figure out if Nintendo will work with you in restoring online purchases if your device is lost or stolen. This is always a concern with mobile devices, and if I know that I could be SOL in such an instance, it might be worth limiting the amount of digital puchases I make. If anyone can provide some accurate insight or info, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Last edited by a moderator:
The policy for damaged/broken systems is as long as you contact Nintendo directly for a replacement, content transfer is standard practice.  Systems that are lost or stolen will not have their content recovered.

The policy for damaged/broken systems is as long as you contact Nintendo directly for a replacement, content transfer is standard practice. Systems that are lost or stolen will not have their content recovered.
OK thanks for the info, guess I'll be limiting my digital purchases.

The policy for damaged/broken systems is as long as you contact Nintendo directly for a replacement, content transfer is standard practice. Systems that are lost or stolen will not have their content recovered.
Lost - You're on your own.

Stolen - If you can prove it (IE give a copy of a police report), most of the time Nintendo will transfer digital purchases if possible (I'm not sure about DLC, but I have seen reports of full games being transferred). YMMV, but as long as you aren't an asshole, you should be able to get things worked out.

bread's done
Back