Quick question about selling on eBay

Aenzo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Hey guys, I apologize first off if this isn't in the right section. It's just I've been thinking about selling my PS3 collection since I don't play some games as much as I used to, already beat/completed everything there is to do.

So anyways, I ended up posting them on Craigslist, and some of them went fast, but other games like Dragon Age: Origins, or Prototype don't seem to interested anyone locally. :p

This is where I decided to go ahead and sell on eBay, problem is that, I'm either doing something wrong, or who knows what, because when I put up a video game. The end fees are estimated to take about $6 away from me, not to mention when you add in the Paypal fees as well, therefor I loose a good chunk of money that I could use to buy something else.

I see TONS of people selling video games on eBay, almost like they don't care about the 15% that eBay takes away from your video games, what gives? Is there a way, maybe posting this elsewhere that isn't categorized straight into video games that could produce a lower percentage? I figured eBay is the best way to go right now, since I don't trust GameTZ so much. Just wondering how if any of you guys sell PS3/360 games on eBay by the loads, and still manage to get your cashworth back.

Sorry for the long message, so much for "quick" eh? :bouncy:

You can also try Goozex or sell on here, but no, there's not really a way to avoid ebay fees while using it. But Buy it Now does take a much larger chunk than if you list it as an auction. You might also want to look at half.com, but there seems to be some downsides to that as well.

Appreciate the fast reply elessar123, I sell frequently on eBay, just never any video games. So when I put one up as Buy It Now, and saw the outrageous percentage they take away from it, I decided not to post it. Since I was selling Uncharted 2 for $40 - $6 + the Paypal fees / shipping fees. Well, That pretty much bumps me down to like $30 or less. :X

Wow but this is pretty bad, I never knew Buy It Now does take more away if you set it up. I once tried setting up an Video Card at the same high price as my "Buy it Now" just to see if there were any differences in the final value fee, and I didn't notice it. So I decided to just put a straight Buy It Now price instead. Granted, the percentage for computer parts are less.

I'll check Half.com for sure, Ive never used it before for selling. I just want to try to reduce the final value fees. Since $6 JUST for eBay is way too steep for a video game that I'm not even selling too costly.

Thanks again!

Edit: Just made a Goozex account, wow looks much more trustworthy than GameTZ for trading/selling. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
you can sell on amazon but the fee is worst. Even with the fees and stuff I much rather sell it on ebay than using craigslist, since i can usually sell it for more

Ebay tends to kill sales due to the fees and like you said, added with paypal it's about a waste. I'd suggest finding a site with a large community that tends to lean towards buying, selling, and trading video games with no fees. I'm not really sure of any of these sites but if you find any, let me know!

If you actually find people who don't lowball you to hell on CL, then I would use it over eBay. The problem is usually that's exactly what cheapskates on CL do, so I get much more on eBay despite the fees. Also I know that after 7 days or less, my item will be sold without all the hassles and uncertainty of a transaction using CL.

My exact thoughts jdizzle, I have my stuff over at CL. And rarely do i get people not lowballing me to hell.

Like some guy wanted Bayonetta + Dragon Age Origins, and he was saying how he could offer "$60 CASH" right away, and he could come pick up. Oh goody goody, yeah that certainly makes it so much better for me to chip off half the price.

I might end up selling on eBay, guess theres no way around it, not like i can post it on Electronics or something. Then no one will find it. =x lo

Goozex seems good, but I selected Army of Two: The 40th Day as one of my requests, and it says I'm 89th in line for the game. And it seems no one is giving out that game, granted it was barely released so thats reasonable, but then I went to check and older game like Borderlands, and no luck with that either. I already have it, infact, its one of the ones I set as offered, and it instantly got "matched" up with someone else, but Im debating whether to do it or not. considering I don't care about older games.

You may also consider selling on Amazon.com too.
The fees still suck though.
2 examples on amazon i sold 2 games recently heres how it works out for amazon.

Buyer's Price: $44.93
Shipping Credit: $3.99
Amazon Commission: $-9.08
Your Earnings: $39.84

and

Buyer's Price: $21.99
Shipping Credit: $3.99
Amazon Commission: $-5.64
Your Earnings: $20.34

The thing i like is you can set your price and leave it there forever if you want to.
And it doesnt cost anything to list your games.
The rape fees are probably close to ebay +paypal though.

Another option would be Gamestop. You can get 30% more trade in credit on PS3/360/Wii games and I saw that value for Bayonetta is ~$40 and DA:O ~$28, so with the extra 30% you'd end up with ~$88 trade in credit if you wanted to go that route.

bread's done
Back