Quick question about Zelda TP & RE4.

DiscoDuck8k

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
I already own and have finished the GameCube versions of each of these. However, with getting a Wii soon I was wondering if it's really actually worth it to pick up the seemingly more advanced versions?

Or is it purely just a matter of personal preference?

RE4 is probably the best improvement/cost ratio of the two, but they both benefit primarily in the same regard: Wiimote aiming.

I played through RE 4 again on the Wii and it was worth it. I can't imagine playing through Zelda again if you had done it once. The controls are great on the Wii though.

RE4, I'd say yes. My friend played through RE4 on the GCN at least three times, yet when he picked up a Wii and RE4:W, he thought the game got a lot more fun with the Wii controls. As for me, I felt RE4 on the GCN was a little clunky, and never really gave it a chance. On the Wii, I've beaten it at least twice, maybe three times, and I never replay my games more than once.

As for Zelda, I'm not sure. I beat it on GCN, but only played a few minutes of the Wii version. Following the same guidelines as RE4, I'd tenatively say yes, but it's mainly the difference of $30 vs. $50 that makes me have to think. That, and the fact that the Wii controls basically change the way RE4 plays, while Zelda only gets a slight enhancement that may or may not be worth the 30-50+ hour reinvestment.

I'll agree with the majority here... you can't go wrong with RE4. Beat 4-5 times on the Cube, and it was still a day one purchase for the Wii, absolutely no regrets whatsoever.

I have yet to play TP for the Wii, mainly for two reasons... 1) Price. Even used, it's still nearly full price. The allure of RE4 was that it was great AND cheaper. 2) I'll be honest, I wasn't a big a fan of TP as I could've been. My least favorite Zelda expierience in years (which is still a great game, just not as fun as the previous two, WW or Majora), and I didn't see the controls adding enough for me to worry about it.

Now, will I pick up TP for the Wii eventually? Sure, when it's cheaper. Maybe a second play-through will convince me, and I might as well do that on the Wii. Out of the two, this is certainly the one to hold off on.

However, OCD-note, I *still* can't quite get over the fact that they flipped TP on the Wii. Link right-handed? Blasphemy.

I'll agree with most of what has been said here. I played RE4 first on the cube and then bought and played it on the Wii. It's almost a different game on the Wii--in a good way. Get it.

Zelda? 'Eh, maybe. I thought the wii controls added a lot of immersion to the game (really was into the final boss battle with them!), but that's more of a recommending it in an "either-or" sceneio not an "in addition to" one as you've got.

Alright, thanks for the input guys!

I think I'll just pick up the Wii RE4 and keep my GC version of Zelda for now ($45 used? hasn't it been out long enough?)

Zelda for the Wii is nothing more than a gimmick. I did nothing but praise this game when it first came out, but I enjoyed the GC version so much more that I refuse to play the Wii version again. Swinging the sword is more precise in the GC game to me and I just enjoyed it more.

RE4 on the other hand is another experience. I love the Wii version. Get this and avoid Zelda since you already have the better version.

I'd say get RE4, I played the GC version and didn't really get that far. Got the Wii game and beat it in a couple of days, so that's a pretty good indication I think of how much better the Wii version is. And the motion controls are enough to make it feel like a whole new game, not to mention some of the extra stuff that was made for the PS2 version is in it as well.

bread's done
Back