Quick question, which game to start?

Gatorsfan35

CAGiversary!
I have both Borderlands GOTY and Just Cause 2 still to play from the GS sale awhile back. Which one do you think was more fun?

Borderlands is a better game. Just Cause 2 is kind of unfinished. The world is absolutely stunning but its sparsely populated and there's just not much variety aside from environment. If the game had an online screw around mode it would be much better.

Borderlands is an Online FPS RPG, it's an RPG (in that stats and level matter more than aim) but it does let you do some funny stuff. Like get your RoF so high that it glitches and repeats the firing animation so fast that the muzzle flash gets skipped.

I haven't played the DLC packs but I hear they're decent.

Not necessarily more fun, but I'd recommend going with Borderlands, since the online population will get a boost next week with the release of the bundle at a ridiculous price. Since JC2 is single player online you can wait for a little while before starting and nothing will change

Option #3:
Start borderlands. Play JC2 when you get bored of it. Resume borderlands for some renewed fun.

Very true. Borderlands is more about loot collecting than actually progressing through a campaign or anything. Just wander through the areas and blow crap up. =)

Borderlands is the shorter game, so you might as well get that out of the way before starting the better game. Just Cause 2 is the best sandbox game around.

[quote name='erequena']Not necessarily more fun, but I'd recommend going with Borderlands, since the online population will get a boost next week with the release of the bundle at a ridiculous price. Since JC2 is single player online you can wait for a little while before starting and nothing will change[/QUOTE]

Damn I already sold my copy. Wish I knew this was happening. Oh well, will just wait for Borderlands 2.

[quote name='erequena']Not necessarily more fun, but I'd recommend going with Borderlands, since the online population will get a boost next week with the release of the bundle at a ridiculous price.[/QUOTE]

Have a link to the sale? Or the CAG topic where it's mentioned? If it's rediculously low enough I might grab the two (three?) ex-packs.

bread's done
Back