Quick Question

ChiefsFan21

CAGiversary!
I previously owned a 360 and now own a PS3. BUT THAT ISNT THE TOPIC.

My question is if you can change your Gamertag for free? or if you can if you pay?

because if it can be done one a complex network like Live, than why can't it be done on PSN?

Ok thanks, I hope that is implemented into the PS3 sometime in the future. Its little details that push a console forward. (+ Huge Triple A titles)

The 360 allows for it because (from what I believe) MS built in into their infrastructure where they could easily change gamertags on the fly. I don't believe it would work on the original Xbox console (although I could have sworn MS set it up to where it could be done over the phone, since I had a friend who did it. He had to pay $10 though), but made sure it would work on the 360. Currently on the PS3, most network information is within SCEJ, and they don't have it setup to where you can change your name (even by telephone call). I don't think we'll ever it this gen, but maybe next gen (since they could maybe alter the network to allow for it, kind of like how MS has).

I think its a good idea for the name change personally, even if it costs 800 points. 800 points keeps people from constantly doing it.

bread's done
Back