R & C TOD PS3 38.98 @ amazon.com

If memory serves Sony First Party titles are always like that until they go to Greatest Hits, then it's a mad scramble to find a non-GH copy.

Nabbed this at Radio Shack during December for $20! THAT was a steal! Its nutz that this isn't at least $30 yet!

yea the price is crazy still. Though those that must have it should check the trading forums for it from other cags. ;)

[quote name='silent h3ro'] I'm sure target has some clearance on it too.[/quote]

Yes, it was on clearance at Target the last few months of 2008.

I picked up a copy for $15 at Target.

[quote name='leesiulung']Can't believe this game is still $40, same with Heavenly Sword. PS3 games need to go down in price.[/quote]

I can't believe Hot Shots Golf (PS3) is still $60. I bought it for $20 from Amazon during the black Friday deals. Lair is also $57 on Amazon and a game I recently bought new for $17 at Circuit City.

I agree, this game has been out long enough to become a greatest hits game. and the same goes for uncharted. come on sony and naughtydog there's a recession going on. we need to get more for our money, thats why we joined CAG because our money does not go as far as it use to.

waiting for the price to come down, good game, just slightly overpriced.
iy.gif

iy.gif

Been waiting for this game to be a GH, since i missed the chances when they had it at RS and Target. Do we actually have to wait until just before the next Ratchet game to come out before it actually drops in price? Please tell me that i am wrong about this:cry:

Great game, easily worth the $60 I paid for it. I don't see where people are getting their sense of entitlement from. Could someone explain to me why a game has to drop in price with time? Just because some games drop (because they suck and nobody's buying them) it doesn't mean all have to.

Bunch of whiners.

Ratchet PS3 is a great game. Throughly enjoyed it on my first play through, and still fire it up every once in a while. Definitely worth it at $40. I picked it up from target last year for $45 and consider it money well spent.

[quote name='leesiulung']Can't believe this game is still $40, same with Heavenly Sword. PS3 games need to go down in price.[/quote]

Its just first party titles that take there sweet time dropping. I agree. I would pick up rcftod and heavenly sword for 20 no problem.

[quote name='Teh Nitwit']Great game, easily worth the $60 I paid for it. I don't see where people are getting their sense of entitlement from. Could someone explain to me why a game has to drop in price with time? Just because some games drop (because they suck and nobody's buying them) it doesn't mean all have to.

Bunch of whiners.[/QUOTE]

This IS Cheapassgamer for a reason....Games usually drop in price when they get older, it's just the way everybody does things, except Sony first party games.

[quote name='Teh Nitwit']Great game, easily worth the $60 I paid for it. I don't see where people are getting their sense of entitlement from. Could someone explain to me why a game has to drop in price with time? Just because some games drop (because they suck and nobody's buying them) it doesn't mean all have to.

Bunch of whiners.[/quote]
Its not a "sence of entitlement" its called common sence. you pay full retail when something is new and has just been released. common sence is you don't pay full retail when its a year or 2 old. R&C TOD release date was october 23 2007 if my math is right thats around 16 months.if it was a car instead of a video game and it has been on the dealers lot over a year and a half would you expect to pay full price for it? um the answer is NO. I am not sure I would make a blanket statment that price drops only happen to games that suck.If I was to believe what you say then I would have to believe that R&C TOD now sucks because it was on clearnce at target or radio shack.my point is with out the sarcasm is no comuster is willing to pay full retail on anything thats been on the market for a year and a half.

Last edited by a moderator:
You cannot compare a video game to cars. It's a piece of software, not a toaster, where it will physically deteriorate over time. Does Microsoft lower the price of Windows after two years? Office?

The price will go down if there is no demand for it. Apparently there is enough demand for this game that Sony feels it does not need to drop the price to Greatest Hits levels. Who knows, may be Sony has had enough and may drop the price tomorrow. Or may be two years from now. Or may be after the PS4 is released.

If you don't like the price it is currently selling at, don't buy it. But quit your whining that Sony should have drop the price long time ago. Sony "owes" you jack, much less a lower price for a certain product. If you don't like it, vote with your feet, don't buy and spend your dollars elsewhere. Plenty of games to be had for $10.

[quote name='leesiulung']Can't believe this game is still $40, same with Heavenly Sword. PS3 games need to go down in price.[/QUOTE]A lot of it is because SCEA is losing money on every PS3 console they sell, so they are trying to make that money up by not dropping prices in games to get as much back as they can. That's just what SCEA does (SCEA also sees their console having slow growth due to a higher pricetag, so they really see no reason doing pricecuts because it isn't exactly going to fly their games off the shelves). The only time they will drop is when it goes GH (for the more popular games), and that won't be until 1-2 years down the line. So basically, SCEA is a lot like Nintendo. If you want their games bad, you will have to pay a premium price unless you come across a sale. It's like if they sell a game for $20-$30 (when you factor in all the costs), they are not making back all that much money when you factor in retail loyalty, certain percentage that goes to the developer, etc.

People can buy R&C Future for $24.99 if they have a Meijer in their area). Heavenly Sword is the same price there also.

This game should be $29.99 MSRP along with COD 4 considering that Modern Warfare 2 has just been announced.

[quote name='oasisboy']This game should be $29.99 MSRP along with COD 4 considering that Modern Warfare 2 has just been announced.[/quote]

R&C:ToD should be $29.99 MSRP because Modern Warfare 2 has just been announced? :whistle2:?

Or, is it because you think it's worth only as much as you're willing to pay for it?

You know, I'm willing to pay $20,000 for a Ferrari Enzo. I think it should be $20,000 MSRP...

Gandhi: great post. I couldn't have said it better.

[quote name='HuppSav']I guess none of you owned a Neo-Geo?[/quote]

[quote name='Teh Nitwit']I haven't. But your point eludes me.[/quote]

:rofl:

[quote name='Aleman']I wouldn't buy this game for >$20. It's something I'd play once and never touch again.[/quote]

If that's the case, then wouldn't renting make more sense?

[quote name='Gandhi']You cannot compare a video game to cars. It's a piece of software, not a toaster, where it will physically deteriorate over time. Does Microsoft lower the price of Windows after two years? Office?
[/quote] The graphics do degrade, relative to others, over time. The gameplay might degrade relatively as well. Do you expect me to pay full price for Half Life 1 these days? Now, I understand where you're coming from. Obviously, a company can charge as much as it wants and the consumer can decide whether or not to buy, but a price drop for video game software over time isn't unreasonable. I pay full price for software for the privilege of having it soon after release. I, personally, will not pay full price a year after it's been released: I'll buy it for half price on Ebay. Ultimately, people are just complaining about what they think is an unfair price, and that's ... well, normal. Sometimes prices are unreasonable, and the whining is justified... not that the prices should be changed, but surely it's reasonable for people to voice their opinions... and sometimes consumers are being unreasonable. It's not a big deal.

[quote name='manthing']Too lazy to google for yourself?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neo_Geo_(console)#History

Maybe now the point wont 'elude' you.[/quote]

I am familiar with NeoGeo history. I am not going to read the whole frickin wiki article to try to figure out what the hell you find so amusing. If you people have a point to make then make it. Stop acting like a munch of juvenile smartasses.

[quote name='palejackal']The graphics do degrade, relative to others, over time. The gameplay might degrade relatively as well. Do you expect me to pay full price for Half Life 1 these days? Now, I understand where you're coming from. Obviously, a company can charge as much as it wants and the consumer can decide whether or not to buy, but a price drop for video game software over time isn't unreasonable. I pay full price for software for the privilege of having it soon after release. I, personally, will not pay full price a year after it's been released: I'll buy it for half price on Ebay. Ultimately, people are just complaining about what they think is an unfair price, and that's ... well, normal. Sometimes prices are unreasonable, and the whining is justified... not that the prices should be changed, but surely it's reasonable for people to voice their opinions... and sometimes consumers are being unreasonable. It's not a big deal.[/quote]

R&C's graphics and gameplay are top notch, even by todays' standards.
Nobody said price drops on video games over time are unreasonable.
They are perfectly reasonable and can be expected, so if consumers so chose, they can wait for the eventual price drop.
Where you're wrong is in saying that sometimes prices are unreasonable. Prices on video games are always reasonable. It is a free market and manufacturers are free to set the price on their products just as much as consumers are free not to purchase them.

Would you say that the price of a Ferrari Enzo is unreasonable? There are so many whiners here, who feel that they're entitled to low prices on luxury items.

Personally, I'm going to wait until Ferrari Enzo drops to $15,000. It's not worth more to me because I'd only drive it for a week.

It's a deals thread, not a economics lesson on why some games drop and others don't.

If it's still to rich for you, so be it. You've waited this long, what's another month or two or three?

On the other hand, if you paid $60, great. However, there's no reason to get on a soapbox about it and tell others they're wrong for wanting to save a few bucks. Isn't that what this site is for?

Either way, thanks for the heads up OP.

[quote name='Teh Nitwit']R&C's graphics and gameplay are top notch, even by todays' standards.
Nobody said price drops on video games over time are unreasonable.
They are perfectly reasonable and can be expected, so if consumers so chose, they can wait for the eventual price drop.
Where you're wrong is in saying that sometimes prices are unreasonable. Prices on video games are always reasonable. It is a free market and manufacturers are free to set the price on their products just as much as consumers are free not to purchase them.

Would you say that the price of a Ferrari Enzo is unreasonable? There are so many whiners here, who feel that they're entitled to low prices on luxury items.

Personally, I'm going to wait until Ferrari Enzo drops to $15,000. It's not worth more to me because I'd only drive it for a week.[/quote]

Are you seriously comparing a handmade car, based on F1 tech, limited to less than 500 units, that cost ~$700k to a video game that was mass released?

confused0064.gif

Your user name is surprisingly appropriate.

[quote name='bredfan']...On the other hand, if you paid $60, great. However, there's no reason to get on a soapbox about it and tell others they're wrong for wanting to save a few bucks....[/quote]

Having problems with reading comprehension? Show me where I said someone was wrong for wanting to save a few bucks...

[quote name='manthing']Are you seriously comparing a handmade car, based on F1 tech, limited to less than 500 units, that cost ~$700k to a video game that was mass released?

confused0064.gif

Your user name is surprisingly appropriate.[/quote]

Why am I not surprised that you missed the sarcasm and the point? Also thanks for taking the obvious bait and going for the ad hominem. Whatever.

[quote name='Teh Nitwit']Having problems with reading comprehension? Show me where I said someone was wrong for wanting to save a few bucks...

Why assume I'm speaking of you?

[quote name='bredfan'][quote name='Teh Nitwit']Having problems with reading comprehension? Show me where I said someone was wrong for wanting to save a few bucks...

Why assume I'm speaking of you?[/quote]

Oops. Looks like I made a wrong assumption. I apologise.

Meh, this is the last from me on this and then I will leave it alone.

I have no problems with people wanting to pay $20 or $15 for this game, and voicing their opinions that they will only buy at that price point because that is what they thing the game is worth, *to them*. Nor do I have a problem with folks who paid $60 - clearly they thought they would get their $60 worth of enjoyment, *to them* at time of purchase.

What I do have a problem with is the insinuation from some of the spoiled whiners that game makers/sellers somehow "owe" them a lower price after a game has been out a certain time. I know this is "CheapAssGamer" and I like to get the best value for my money just like most posters here. What I have a problem with is the attitude that the game "should" be at a certain price point after a certain time. This sense of entitlement baffles me.

bread's done
Back