R.U.S.E. free preview on Steam for the weekend! OMG!

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']that game is out?? must have bombed i dont remember seeing any reviews[/QUOTE]

Um...no it's not out. This is a preview. You shouldn't make assumptions.

[quote name='shingletingle']Um...no it's not out. This is a preview. You shouldn't make assumptions.[/QUOTE]

And you should be clearer with your topic titles.

[quote name='shingletingle']Um...no it's not out. This is a preview. You shouldn't make assumptions.[/QUOTE]

Your title says "R.U.S.E. free on Steam for the weekend", how else can he interpret that other than thinking the game is released and it will be free on steam?

Steam does free weekends, but the OP could update the title to say free preview. Sounds like its a little better than a demo or beta, because its not time limited (well other than the weekend) and its got both multiplayer and single-player in it.

That said, I started to download it and instead tried the E3 videos of it...was very bored by what I saw. What am I missing? I hate to ask, but is this worth the free download?

Hopefully they have a proper weekend deal by the end of the day. Not that I need anything else to jam up my backlog, but someone else might.

[quote name='Mike UFC']Hopefully they have a proper weekend deal by the end of the day. Not that I need anything else to jam up my backlog, but someone else might.[/QUOTE]

I missed all of their sales a week or so ago...I JUST bought a new laptop and some of their deals on L4D 2 and ME2 were great

[quote name='Ubisoft C/O Steam']A PERMANENT HIGH SPEED INTERNET CONNECTION AND CREATION OF A UBISOFT ACCOUNT ARE REQUIRED TO PLAY THIS VIDEO GAME AT ALL TIMES AND TO UNLOCK EXCLUSIVE CONTENT. SUCH CONTENT MAY ONLY BE UNLOCKED ONE SINGLE TIME WITH A UNIQUE KEY. YOU MUST BE AT LEAST 13 TO CREATE A UBISOFT ACCOUNT WITHOUT PARENTAL CONSENT. UBISOFT MAY CANCEL ACCESS TO ONLINE FEATURES UPON A 30-DAY PRIOR NOTICE PUBLISHED AT http://ruse.us.ubi.com/[/QUOTE]
LOL Ubisoft online-only lockouts. Instant fail; instant pass.

[quote name='lllGurulll']Game video looked boring as hell.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I kept thinking are they trying to sell this game or take my interest away? I've heard that some people like the game, so it can't be quite as bad as the video...right, right?

Still might be worth the free weekend, but as far as buying it the Ubisoft 100% internet connection kills it for me. I just had a bad week with my DSL, so anything proposing that instantly gets axed from my buy list. Plus 30 day notice to essentially them taking the game away from you? If they are going to do that, they need to actually put in the term that you get to play the game. Like buy the game for $20 & get guaranteed 1yr access or something. They could just turn around and decide that it didn't sell well and end it early. Then you as one of the few poor shmoes who bought it are out your game and money.

I don't like where this is going.

[quote name='Guerrilla']LOL Ubisoft online-only lockouts. Instant fail; instant pass.[/QUOTE]

Hooray DRM! Screw my consumer rights, I want to play a mediocre RTS!

Or not.

Ubisoft sucks.

[quote name='nnickers']Omg!

Edit: OMG![/QUOTE]
For some reason, that struck me funny. As for the game itself, it sounds like I should be excited. Sadly, I don't have any knowledge of the game.

Perhaps I should go ahead and partake in the alleged fun; I still have yet to try a Free Weekend event on Steam.

I played the game for about 15 minutes before I gave up because it was so boring. At least know I know not to get it when it comes out.

Games much deeper then your average starcraft match, and I was looking forward to it far more then the same trivial Starcraft II, but sadly publisher Ubisoft continues to screw people with DRM and so if they have it when Ruse comes out I won't be buying it.

... Have been playing this since early Beta.. It's not too bad, and has good concepts like supply lines.. but the play is just too slow and controls are lacking.. Transition effect from the high level strategic view to the unit level battle is unparalleled... but the draw of the game "RUSE" is completely useless against AI.. the ruse effects are pretty tame.. I doubt most casual players will even use it effectively.. I'll until until it hits $19 on Steam Blow off!

bread's done
Back