Rabbids Go Home - Adventure game from the team behind Beyond Good & Evil

Mad D

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
This game was announced a while back but no game play footage was shown until today:

http://wii.ign.com/dor/objects/14339091/rabbids-go-home/videos/rabbidgohome_trl_gameplay_52609.html

I saw a comment that seemed appropriate, "it's like Katamari on crack".

screen shots:

rabbids-go-home-20090527043326866_640w.jpg

rabbids-go-home-20090527043301351_640w.jpg

rabbids-go-home-20090527042518794_640w.jpg

preview article:

http://wii.ign.com/articles/987/987144p1.html

I watched the trailer on Kotaku and I thought it was pretty funny. The graphical style looks good, I think the Rabbits are pretty funny characters and I love Katamari, so I have high hopes for this game.

Is this game worth $20 or should I hold out for a further drop, especially if its going into a massive backlog?

[quote name='kodave']Is this game worth $20 or should I hold out for a further drop, especially if its going into a massive backlog?[/QUOTE]

Definitely worth it. Great game.

Really,

Good I think this series has been overlooked I had a blast with the first one on release day.

The TV party I won has also provided some good times.

[quote name='kodave']Is this game worth $20 or should I hold out for a further drop, especially if its going into a massive backlog?[/QUOTE]

Where did you find it for $20?

[quote name='vherub']about how long does it take to playthrough?[/QUOTE]

About eight hours, but then to collect everything takes even longer.

LOL...I just bought this last week for $35 plus $10 off via Amazon rebate. It is a worthwhile purchase at the price I paid, so for $17.99, that's a worthwhile bargain. It is a bit short on completion time (think Klonoa time-wise) but for a solid platformer without the usual icons, it's a good investment and addition to one's collection. Also, you will laugh more than a few dozen times, or you are dead inside. Not many games can deliver humor for all ages.

[quote name='TheSpade']LOL...I just bought this last week for $35 plus $10 off via Amazon rebate. It is a worthwhile purchase at the price I paid, so for $17.99, that's a worthwhile bargain. It is a bit short on completion time (think Klonoa time-wise) but for a solid platformer without the usual icons, it's a good investment and addition to one's collection. Also, you will laugh more than a few dozen times, or you are dead inside. Not many games can deliver humor for all ages.[/QUOTE]

Wait how did you get a $10 Amazon rebate on this game?

[quote name='kodave']Wait how did you get a $10 Amazon rebate on this game?[/QUOTE]
I guess I should have said "discount code", but they eliminated those. Now, they're "instant discounts" tied to the Amazon account used to purchase however one earns them. I preordered Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom, and I got mine. One added note: NEVER preorder using the "Free Super Saver Shipping" option. It took almost a month to get to me. To summarize, I apologize for any confusion.

Back on point...Rabbids Go Home is a great game!

One of the few games my wife will play together with me (it has a 2-player mode similar to Mario Galaxy) so it's worthwhile just because of that. The frantic action and silly humor really works well for us... unfortunately she's an EXTREMELY casual gamer, so we haven't gone through the whole game yet since getting it on sale in late December.

The only real downsides are some parts of the game feeling a bit repetitive and the Rabbids channel you install being rather unimpressive (think the Check Mii Out channel but with Rabbids instead).

Is Rabbids Go Home worth buying for $20? Definitely. And while I fully support waiting to see if the price drops further, don't risk missing out on the game entirely.

I just got Rabbids Go Home from Goozex yesterday, and my first impression of the game was that it was far too easy. I was a little dismayed to get all 1000 items in the first stage, and I assumed it was a young child's game. I gave it another play today, and I'm much happier with subsequent levels. The game has a quirky charm, and the ability to customize your Rabbids is a cute addition. Yesterday, I thought I would ship the game right back to Goozex. Today, I think I'll see the game through and see if the Rabbids reach the moon.

It gets more difficult as the game progresses. The first few levels are just to get you used to the mechanics.

That said, I've only played a few minutes of it. My wife finished it the other day though (picked it up from Gamestop's sale with the 10% and 25% off stacks - came up to $12 new).

bread's done
Back