Race is on, DALE SAYS YES!

CaseyRyback

Staff member
Feedback
131 (100%)
I know it is a little pre-mature to talk about it, but Speedweeks are about to start up, and I thought it apprioate to make a thread.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']That's what I'm talking about. Don't forget to watch the Bud Shootout this saturday!!![/quote]

hell yea. I am glad NASCAR is starting back up, exp. with all the excitement of last year still fresh in my mind

Well I dunno about that.

::Looking around at all my #48 Lowe's Chevy diecasts::

8 POINTS!!!!! Not gonna happen again this year, but I'm worried about Jeff, I've got a feeling he's gonna have an even better year than last year.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Well I dunno about that.

::Looking around at all my 48 Lowe's Chevy diecasts::

8 POINTS!!!!! Not gonna happen again this year, but I'm worried about Jeff, I've got a feeling he's gonna have an even better year than last year.[/quote]

my parent's are big fans of Gordon. Needless to say they were extremely disappointed with the outcome as well (though they do like Johnson a lot as well)

[quote name='CrashSpyro123']Meh, who won the last Championship? I don't even bother keeping up anymore.[/quote]

Stupid damn Kurt Busch. Sqweeked it by. Even in the last race, if that tire had just been put on the left side of his car in the pits...

I wonder how the swap of Waltrip's and Earnhart's crews is going to affect DEI.

personally I do not agree with that move as , they mess around with their crews way too much

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I wonder how the swap of Waltrip's and Earnhart's crews is going to affect DEI.

personally I do not agree with that move as , they mess around with their crews way too much[/quote]

Well considering the post i made in this thread. Its not difficult to tell who I'm not a big fan of.

[quote name='RedvsBlue'][quote name='CaseyRyback']I wonder how the swap of Waltrip's and Earnhart's crews is going to affect DEI.

personally I do not agree with that move as , they mess around with their crews way too much[/quote]

Well considering the post i made in this thread. Its not difficult to tell who I'm not a big fan of.[/quote]

his fans are POS (i.e. Talladega) and the fact NASCAR changes rules throughout the season to make him have a better chance of winning makes me wish Mike Helton was fired a long time ago

[quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='RedvsBlue'][quote name='CaseyRyback']I wonder how the swap of Waltrip's and Earnhart's crews is going to affect DEI.

Well considering the post i made in this thread. Its not difficult to tell who I'm not a big fan of.[/quote]

his fans are POS (i.e. Talladega) and the fact NASCAR changes rules throughout the season to make him have a better chance of winning makes me wish Mike Helton was fired a long time ago[/quote]

Oh but as any Earnhardt Jr. fan will tell you it wasn't cause Jeff won it was cause it ended under caution... And yes, that is sarcasm dripping off of that statement.

[quote name='RedvsBlue'][quote name='RichD1']You rednecks. :)[/quote]

You Elitist New Yorker.[/quote]

Hmm, yeah, but I don't watch cars drives around in a circle :lol:

[quote name='RedvsBlue'][quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='RedvsBlue'][quote name='CaseyRyback']I wonder how the swap of Waltrip's and Earnhart's crews is going to affect DEI.

his fans are POS (i.e. Talladega) and the fact NASCAR changes rules throughout the season to make him have a better chance of winning makes me wish Mike Helton was fired a long time ago[/quote]

Oh but as any Earnhardt Jr. fan will tell you it wasn't cause Jeff won it was cause it ended under caution... And yes, that is sarcasm dripping off of that statement.[/quote]
I was a big Dale Sr. fan. I am now a jr. fan but I think it's mainly because I was lost when dale died (I know, it sounds stupid). I disagreed with the reactions of the fans. I like Jimmie Johnson, Tony Stewart and Robbie Gordon. I'm hoping Robbie has a good breakthrough year.

I can hardly wait until Saturday. I hate the end of the NASCAR season, because I end up missing it, because football takes honors over NASCAR in the fall. I hopeing Bobby Labonte can rebound from last years horrible season just as Mark Martin did last year. I hope Kurt Busch doesnt make the Chase this year. Does anyone like that guy?

Here's the field for the 05 Shootout. Thanks to Jayski for the info:

2004 Bud Pole Winners:
1) #16-Greg Biffle (pole at Daytona 500)
2) #12-Ryan Newman (poles at Rockingham, Las Vegas, Bristol, Loudon, Richmond, Charlotte, Martinsville, Atlanta, Phoenix)
3) #9-Kasey Kahne (poles at Las Vegas, Darlington, California, Pocono)
4) #18-Bobby Labonte (pole at Texas)
5) #24-Jeff Gordon (pole at Martinsvillie, Michigan, Sonoma; Daytona, Chicago, Bristol; won in 1994, 1997)
6) #21-Ricky Rudd (pole at Talladega)
7) #25-Brian Vickers (pole at Richmond, California)
8) #48-Jimmie Johnson (pole at Charlotte)
9) #19-Jeremy Mayfield (pole at both Dover races)
10) #41-Casey Mears (poles at Pocono, Indy)
11) #01-Joe Nemechek (pole at Talladega, Kansas)
12) #97-Kurt Busch (pole at Homestead)

Past Budweiser Shootout Winners are automatically eligible:
(if they do not win a pole in 2004)
13) #88-Dale Jarrett (won in 1996, 2000, 2004)
14) #8-Dale Earnhardt Jr.(won in 2003)
15) #20-Tony Stewart (won in 2001, 2002)
16) #6-Mark Martin (won in 1999)
17) #2-Rusty Wallace (won in 1998)
18) #?-Geoffrey Bodine (won in 1992)[no word on if he will run the race]
19) #49-Ken Schrader (won in 1989,1990)
20) #91-Bill Elliott (won in 1987)[will run the #39]
21) #5-Terry Labonte (won in 1985)[is not running the race]

All I have to say is I really hate Gordon. I've never figured out why, I just do. And I've always strayed more away from Junior. There's too many Junior fans. I like him and all, but there's just sooooo many. When I went to Dover, it was like Junior overboard. I'll stick with my boy, Tony. How can I not go with a guy who beats up photographers and drives down pits the wrong way when he's pissed off? Tony Stewart is the fucking man. Though I've slowly become a bigger Jimmie Johnson fan. Though someone instantly makes me their fan by being a driver from the South driving a Chevy. There's only one non-Chevy driver I will opely admit to liking, and that's Kenseth.

How about preseason predictions for 05 Champ: My vote goes to Kevin Harvick now that RCR has gotten rid of Robby Gordon and has more expirenced teammates Jeff Burton (who will suprise people this year if he races like he did in the end last year) and Dave Blaney. I still pulling for the 18 bunch.

[quote name='Follandboy']How about preseason predictions for 05 Champ: My vote goes to Kevin Harvick now that RCR has gotten rid of Robby Gordon and has more expirenced teammates Jeff Burton (who will suprise people this year if he races like he did in the end last year) and Dave Blaney. I still pulling for the 18 bunch.[/quote]

I'm hoping this is a rebound year for Jeff Burton. I have been a fan of his since his rookie year in 94 and the last few years have been depressing. I just found some magazines from 98 that have Jeff on the cover and the caption reads The Next Winston Cup Champ. Maybe be this is the year?

My wife is a huge Harvick fan so our house is now an RCR stronghold.

i would actualy be going to the race if it wasn't for the fact that the Final Fantasy concert is the same weekend. :cry:

bah, a bunch of overpaid hillbillies driving around in circles

yeah what a way to spend 3 hours

not

[quote name='Kaijufan']What time is the race? I'm going to be mad if another sports event is on instead of Arrested Development.[/quote]

Unless there is a long rain delay, it won't cut into the primetime lineup

[quote name='gsr']bah, a bunch of overpaid hillbillies driving around in circles

not[/quote]

guess what? You can fuck right off buddy

[quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='gsr']bah, a bunch of overpaid hillbillies driving around in circles

not[/quote]

guess what? You can shaq-fu right off buddy[/quote]

But he's right.

Jimmie won the Bud Shootout and the outside pole this weekend. Now that we've seen a little preview any picks for daytona? I'm a little worried about Dale Jarrett, he seems very determined.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Jimmie won the Bud Shootout and the outside pole this weekend. Now that we've seen a little preview any picks for daytona? I'm a little worried about Dale Jarrett, he seems very determined.[/quote]

I kind of hope he gets things back on track. Kind of like how I hope Ricky Rudd pulls it together again, as it is nice to see some older guys competing well.

also, anyone think Mark Martin is going to pull it together and win the championship? My dad hates Mark Martin, but I think he has enough in the tank to win the championship and get over the royal screwing he got early in his career

[quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='RedvsBlue']Jimmie won the Bud Shootout and the outside pole this weekend. Now that we've seen a little preview any picks for daytona? I'm a little worried about Dale Jarrett, he seems very determined.[/quote]

I kind of hope he gets things back on track. Kind of like how I hope Ricky Rudd pulls it together again, as it is nice to see some older guys competing well.

also, anyone think Mark Martin is going to pull it together and win the championship? My dad hates Mark Martin, but I think he has enough in the tank to win the championship and get over the royal screwing he got early in his career[/quote]

I would love to see Mark Martin finally get a championship. I've always liked him, and he's been so close before, I really think he deserves to get one in his career. That being said, I'm not really sure he has what it takes to keep up with all of the younger racers in NASCAR today; I think the last couple of years have shown that it's going to be a challenge for anyone from the older generation of drivers to keep up with the newer generation. Man, if only Dale Earnhardt was still around, he could show the kids a thing or two. But anyway, even if I'm not sure of his chances, I hope that Mark can pull it out this year.

[quote name='Zman310'][quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='RedvsBlue']Jimmie won the Bud Shootout and the outside pole this weekend. Now that we've seen a little preview any picks for daytona? I'm a little worried about Dale Jarrett, he seems very determined.[/quote]

also, anyone think Mark Martin is going to pull it together and win the championship? My dad hates Mark Martin, but I think he has enough in the tank to win the championship and get over the royal screwing he got early in his career[/quote]

I would love to see Mark Martin finally get a championship. I've always liked him, and he's been so close before, I really think he deserves to get one in his career. That being said, I'm not really sure he has what it takes to keep up with all of the younger racers in NASCAR today; I think the last couple of years have shown that it's going to be a challenge for anyone from the older generation of drivers to keep up with the newer generation. Man, if only Dale Earnhardt was still around, he could show the kids a thing or two. But anyway, even if I'm not sure of his chances, I hope that Mark can pull it out this year.[/quote]

the second half of the season is what makes me believe he still has something in the tank.

I also think that Jarrett will do well this year and come back to championship form. I think he just hit one of those lulls the older guys hit (Rudd was in one for a while, emerged and then went back into one after changing teams).

Also I wonder if Bobby Labonte is going to put together a good season after last years disappointment.

I hope to see Martin make it to the Chase. For some reason I don't think he'll make it this year. It would be nice to see him or Rusty win the cup, but it won't happen.

man this is some good racing. Gordon saved his ride a few times, and Newman did as well (though Kyle Busch just got loose and Gordon ran into Leffler because he got loose)

Edit: It was Sauter blowing an engine that caused the wreck

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Oh BAH! Stupid DEI, why did they get our hopes up by sucking in practice and the Shootout?[/quote]

I wonder how they will do in the race. Jr. was having problems with the tires,and if they continue to be shitty, it could fuck him over.

Wow, that was really close! Thank god jimmie saved that car! Harvick deserved the wrecked car he got, that idiot. Whoa, I've never seen jimmie that pissed.

Ladies and gentleman, your main villian for this year: Kevin Harvick.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Wow, that was really close! Thank god jimmie saved that car! Harvick deserved the wrecked car he got, that idiot. Whoa, I've never seen jimmie that pissed.

Ladies and gentleman, your main villian for this year: Kevin Harvick.[/quote]

what a fuckin idiot. Does anyone know if he threw the bottle at Nemechek? It looked like he did

[quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='RedvsBlue']Wow, that was really close! Thank god jimmie saved that car! Harvick deserved the wrecked car he got, that idiot. Whoa, I've never seen jimmie that pissed.

what a shaq-fuin idiot. Does anyone know if he threw the bottle at Nemechek? It looked like he did[/quote]

I dunno for sure cause I was on the phone updating my mom with the details (she's at work) but i thought it was Nemecheck that threw the bottle at Harvick. I can't believe that Harvick actually tried to elude to the crash being jimmie's fault by saying that it was cause jimmie slowed down and got sideways. Hmm maybe the reason Jimmie got sideways and slowed down was cause YOU FLIPPIN SPUN HIM.

[quote name='RedvsBlue'][quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='RedvsBlue']Wow, that was really close! Thank god jimmie saved that car! Harvick deserved the wrecked car he got, that idiot. Whoa, I've never seen jimmie that pissed.

what a shaq-fuin idiot. Does anyone know if he threw the bottle at Nemechek? It looked like he did[/quote]

I dunno for sure cause I was on the phone updating my mom with the details (she's at work) but i thought it was Nemecheck that threw the bottle at Harvick. I can't believe that Harvick actually tried to elude to the crash being jimmie's fault by saying that it was cause jimmie slowed down and got sideways. Hmm maybe the reason Jimmie got sideways and slowed down was cause YOU FLIPPIN SPUN HIM.[/quote]

he went down and hit him on the backstrech when they got going after the caution so you know he is fuckin lying through his teeth.

[quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='RedvsBlue'][quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='RedvsBlue']Wow, that was really close! Thank god jimmie saved that car! Harvick deserved the wrecked car he got, that idiot. Whoa, I've never seen jimmie that pissed.

I dunno for sure cause I was on the phone updating my mom with the details (she's at work) but i thought it was Nemecheck that threw the bottle at Harvick. I can't believe that Harvick actually tried to elude to the crash being jimmie's fault by saying that it was cause jimmie slowed down and got sideways. Hmm maybe the reason Jimmie got sideways and slowed down was cause YOU FLIPPIN SPUN HIM.[/quote]

he went down and hit him on the backstrech when they got going after the caution so you know he is shaq-fuin lying through his teeth.[/quote]

Well its like the announcers said, there was a chip on Harvick's shoulder from the very beginning.

Well at least some positive good news from the second 125- No Robby Gordon in the 500!

Could this be a sign of things to come tomorrow for my boy, Tony?

Winning the second duel, then winning his very first Busch series race. Could we follow this up with his very first Daytona 500 win? It'd be damn nice if it happened. Though that was an awesome Busch race. Especially Tony's save after his ride through the dirt. Amazing how he came back and won the race from 17th back with ten laps left. Awesome awesome race.

Awesome race with an exciting finish. I didn't notice a big tire problem in the race though. There was one early but I don't recall any others.

[quote name='Supernothing']Awesome race with an exciting finish. I didn't notice a big tire problem in the race though. There was one early but I don't recall any others.[/quote]

yea I only remembered the one tire problem. I just thought it was a sign of something to come, since there were so many blowouts earlier in the week.

bread's done
Back