Racing Wheel Suggestions?

advanced

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
My 58 year old Dad has recently expressed an interested in gaming again after a long absence, the last console he owned was the NES. He's also a car guy, so I thought a game like Gran Turismo would be a good way to help him get back into it. I planned on getting GT5 XL some time soon for him and he brought up the idea of getting a wheel/pedal combo.

He's looking to spend somewhere between $50 to $100 on it, and I thought it would be cool if it could be used on the PC too, since that is where I have Burnout Paradise. I saw this Hori one on Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/PS3-Racing-Wheel-Controller-Playstation-3/dp/B004G5TUJM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1377460941&sr=8-1&keywords=hori+racing+wheel+3+ps3) but wasn't sure about it.

Can anybody suggest one that is in that price range and that can also be used on PC that they have had personal experience with? 

I must have missed that one in my quick search. That price seems like a really good deal. He'll be disappointed in the lack of paddle shifters, but cutting any frustration out of the controller is far more important.

Thanks pjb16.

bread's done
Back