radiangames (indie) sale (iOS, PC / Mac, XBIG, soundtracks)

Googer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
In celebration of the 2-year anniversary of his first release on XBIG (JoyJoy), radiangames is discounting all of his releases across all platforms, including all of the XBIG games back down to $1 (where most of them started out and were subsequently raised to $5 at one point until today).

Here's a link to his blog post about it that contains links for each game available for purchase on the relevant platforms. My personal favorites are Inferno / Inferno+, Crossfire / Crossfire 2 / Super Crossfire, and Ballistic / Ballistic SE, but I've enjoyed almost all of them really (Slydris does nothing for me personally even though as a rule I do like puzzle games and also note I haven't played any of the iOS releases given I don't have an iPhone or iPad, so I can't personally say anything about how well they control with touch controls ;) ).

[quote name='Googer']In celebration of the 2-year anniversary of his first release on XBIG (JoyJoy), radiangames is discounting all of his releases across all platforms, including all of the XBIG games back down to $1 (where most of them started out and were subsequently raised to $5 at one point until today).

Here's a link to his blog post about it that contains links for each game available for purchase on the relevant platforms. My personal favorites are Inferno / Inferno+, Crossfire / Crossfire 2 / Super Crossfire, and Ballistic / Ballistic SE, but I've enjoyed almost all of them really (Slydris does nothing for me personally even though as a rule I do like puzzle games and also note I haven't played any of the iOS releases given I don't have an iPhone or iPad, so I can't personally say anything about how well they control with touch controls ;) ).[/QUOTE]

Awesome find!! Thanks OP. I love these shmups~!! Have crossfire on PC. Cant wait to try these on the 360.

Which of the XBLA games should I get? I don't want to buy 800 points so I have to skip two of them. I figure there is no reason to get Crossfire when you can get Crossfire 2 so what other ones should I get?

Grab them all as trials and decide for yourself. ;) XBIG trials give you 8 minutes to try them out, which should be enough time for you to decide which you like best. That said, I'd concur that passing on Crossfire and only bothering with Crossfire 2 would be a sensible move. :p

Fluid, Fireball, and Crossfire 2 are my favorites among his games. The others are also pretty good, but these are the ones that feel are the most unique.

Also, his XBIG used to be $1 each before he raised the price to $5 ten months ago. Did they not sell well? $3 isn't bad, but $5 is just way too much for any of these games...

I've been waiting for this day! I already own Fireball and Joy Joy, so I'll probably grab Ballistic, Inferno, and the two Crossfire games.

On a side note, Red Shift is a pretty fun shooter.

Awesome - I have been enjoying these games a lot on iOS, so I think I'll grab the XBIG versions now. For those with an iOS device, they have translated the games really well. They play awesome. I especially like Fireball SE and Super Crossfire HD. Thanks OP!

[quote name='Blade']Also, his XBIG used to be $1 each before he raised the price to $5 ten months ago. Did they not sell well? $3 isn't bad, but $5 is just way too much for any of these games...[/QUOTE]

They made the decision to "unsale" all of their games when they made the announcement/decision that they were done with XBLIG. It was a real shame they stopped and quite the dick move to raise all of their 80msp games to an unheard-of 400 "just because".

My personal favorite is Inferno, it's like a TRON-stylized version of a Gauntlet-style game, complete with local 4-player.

bread's done
Back