Radio Shack In Store - DSI Black $104

I was going to buy a DS Lite on Sunday with the $99 price drop, but I will definetly be doing this instead
The store locator says there is one at the Radioshack like 5 minutes away, think I'll go pick it up here in a few minutes :)
Thanks OP

damn Trance, didn't you scoop this same deal at RS for the lite? I remember! still have mine red/black unopened for $78 or whatever it was..

may have to check this out..:)

The brightness for the DSi and the fact you can use the camera to chat with people, were one of the selling points over my DSlite. I have both but I was thinking this is a great price for one of my friends who don't have a DS yet. She can go get this now and we can play Pokemon Black/White while chatting up a bit. Is this the reason for any one else?

If you print that out, since it says in store only, you should be able to get a PM at Best Buy.

I'm going to pass, by the time the 3DS has any good games, itll be had for around 150 hopefully

[quote name='token2k6']damn Trance, didn't you scoop this same deal at RS for the lite? I remember! still have mine red/black unopened for $78 or whatever it was..

may have to check this out..:)[/QUOTE]

Yes, I did scoop that deal lol. Definitely was a hot price. :cool:

Is this a good price? What's the difference between DS Lite, DSi, and DS XL? Sorry for the dumb question and I never owned a DS before.

I got the last one at the Radioshack across the street from UW
They also have Blue ones but they are still at the $150 price

Thanks again OP, $5 more for DSi over DS Lite ($99 on Sunday) was worth it :)

[quote name='foreinter']Is this a good price? What's the difference between DS Lite, DSi, and DS XL? Sorry for the dumb question and I never owned a DS before.[/QUOTE]

Price is normally $150 so yes it's a good price. DS Lite can play the old Gameboy Advance games the i and XL can't. The XL is basically a big DSi with bigger screens. The DSi does have slightly bigger screens than the light and a little brighter and you can download DSiware games which you can't on the Lite. The DSi is also a matte finish as opposed to the glossy of the Lite. Hope this helps a little.

[quote name='foreinter']Is this a good price? What's the difference between DS Lite, DSi, and DS XL? Sorry for the dumb question and I never owned a DS before.[/QUOTE]

DSi XL is pretty much playing the DSi but stretched out.
DS lite is a great resolution but the brightness isn't amazing but it can play GBA games
DSi is the perfect resolution with a front and back camera, amazing brightness but no GBA compatibility.

If you have Pokemon and want to transfer stuff from your GBA games you should get a DS lite but if you are a avid pokemon cheater and don't care get a DSi. :p What games do you intend to play anyways?

picked last one up at the tysons corner location off rt 7 on friday. clerk was being all shady and acted like they didnt have anymore until he was forced to ask the manager and magically located it wrapped up in the backroom, they took it out of the box so they could display the box. perfect timing for my kids b-day. this is completely different than the 2 regular ds lites I have for the other kids. this allows pics and sound recordings which kids love. plus you can change the speed of their voice and add stupid things to their pics like mario hat & a stash. and they have some weird chat thing too, worth it IMO especially if you only have a DS lite. my oldest isn't interested whatsoever in GBA games anyways.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back