Radiohead, Overrated?

Ejaywillie

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Karma Police is one of my favorite songs of all time. But, I can't never finish Ok computer or in the rainbows without wanting to jump out my window. What do guys think? Am I missing something?

My roommate is a huge Radiohead fan, but like javeryh said, I just don't get it. I think some of their music is pretty damn good, but their lead singer is absolutely horrible.

Weird, I literally just put Radiohead on to listen to then I find this thread.

I like them, Kid A, OK Computer and Amnesiac are my favourites.

Not at all. Though I didn't care much for In Rainbows (I did love The Reckoner though).

But aside from their first 2 or 3 albums, they're not for everyone as they're not very accessible.

they have a few good songs but, not sure how anyone can listen to a whole album of the lead singers whiney moaning "singing"

[quote name='homeland']they have a few good songs but, not sure how anyone can listen to a whole album of the lead singers whiney moaning "singing"[/quote]

Like I said:

[quote name='javeryh']You either get it or you don't.[/quote]

Thom Yorke's voice is PERFECT for the band and their sound.

The Bends, OK Computer, In Rainbows, Kid A and Amnesiac are all on the short list of greatest albums ever.

[quote name='dmaul1114']
they're not for everyone as they're not very accessible.[/quote]

That's the best way of putting it. They are a very unique band, and because of that, they are going to have some people that love it and a ton of people that just don't get it at all.

And "whiney moaning" isn't exactly how I would describe Thom's voice. That makes it sound emo.

[quote name='mykevermin']If it weren't for the goddamned Republicans in Congress...hey, wait a minute![/QUOTE]

Good catch Myke, we all know it's because of the Democrats.

bread's done
Back