Rage 19.11 at Amazon

Not bad, could've saved a buck if I didn't buy it from Newegg last night.

Oh and in keeping with Rage deal post tradition, I was wondering what everyone's thoughts are on Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3?

I bought one to take back to the store since at retail since I thought it was still 59.99 but it's 29.99. So only got a $30 gift card. Ah well.

I have noticed Amazon has gotten into the habit of having lightning deals for products, and then lowering the price even more a few days later. I need to stop buying the lightning deals, lol.

Game looks amazing, but upon playing I personally did not like it. I think the game has high production value , but it's just missing something....... 'Fun' factor imo is simply not there.

Ugh. I bought this for $25 during Sunday's lightning deal, and it isn't even here yet. One of the worse missteps I've made in awhile while waiting for a price drop.

[quote name='DrUnkAgAIn']Ugh. I bought this for $25 during Sunday's lightning deal, and it isn't even here yet. One of the worse missteps I've made in awhile while waiting for a price drop.[/QUOTE]

I know how you feel I saw this on Amazon at $22 for both 360 and Ps3 and then I saw Newegg have every version except the 360 version at 19.99 and I almost bit for $22 on Amazon but now they have it for $19 so I just took the plunge. I wouldn't be surprised if it gets even cheaper.

Man I got so much crap to play right now, this deal keeps getting sweeter, but need to cut back cuz I know im gonna go ape on the gamefly sale.

[quote name='patches48']I bought one to take back to the store since at retail since I thought it was still 59.99 but it's 29.99. So only got a $30 gift card. Ah well.[/QUOTE]

Wait you bought one to return to a retail store. Return fraud much

hmm.. list price is $29.99 after 2 months of release.... this game will drop more. i smell $10 not too long from now. you know, the problem is there are too many shooters on the market and during this time of the year, unless you are AAA proven shooters, your game prices will tank in this greatly overcrowed market.

[quote name='HornyPony']Bah I really want the Anarchy edition...but for 7 dollars less than the newegg price I will bite[/QUOTE]

The 360 copy I ordered from Amazon's recent 25.00 lightning deal ended up being the Anarchy edition, even though it wasn't mentioned on the order page.

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']hmm.. list price is $29.99 after 2 months of release.... this game will drop more. i smell $10 not too long from now. you know, the problem is there are too many shooters on the market and during this time of the year, unless you are AAA proven shooters, your game prices will tank in this greatly overcrowed market.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't say Rage is the best FPS on the market right now but I don't think it's any less a triple A title. It's made by the guys iD Software, the same people who bought us Doom, Quake, and Wolfenstein I remember those days. I can't wait to see what else they do with their new engine.

[quote name='DrUnkAgAIn']Ugh. I bought this for $25 during Sunday's lightning deal, and it isn't even here yet. One of the worse missteps I've made in awhile while waiting for a price drop.[/QUOTE]

You bought it within the last week? Try for an adjustment. There's an official (printed) policy ("No") and then there's reality.

this game is awesome and i have it on the pc, that means the crappy version at first but its all good now, at this price this game is a steal, the only crappy part is the ending but the rest is very enjoyable

[quote name='iamsmart']Oh and in keeping with Rage deal post tradition, I was wondering what everyone's thoughts are on Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3?[/QUOTE]

It was good in the way that MW 1 and 2 were good and all three of them are the exact same game.

[quote name='iamsmart']Not bad, could've saved a buck if I didn't buy it from Newegg last night.

Oh and in keeping with Rage deal post tradition, I was wondering what everyone's thoughts are on Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3?[/QUOTE]

Hilarious!

I would call or email amazon and explain you would like to avoid having to buy at a cheaper price and return the one you previously bought.

They are always helpful and will probably price adjust for you.

I bought it in the lightning deal and just finished chatting. They agreed to refund the difference ...but they refunded the opposite. I got a $20.88 refund. Should I tell them?

[quote name='Rollinstone12']I bought it in the lightning deal and just finished chatting. They agreed to refund the difference ...but they refunded the opposite. I got a $20.88 refund. Should I tell them?[/QUOTE]

or you can give it to me.. heh....

[quote name='Rollinstone12']I bought it in the lightning deal and just finished chatting. They agreed to refund the difference ...but they refunded the opposite. I got a $20.88 refund. Should I tell them?[/QUOTE]
noes!

Damn! Already $29.99 MSRP? Been wanting to pick this up. I will have to pass for now as I spent my game fund on Catherine LE this week already. Hopefully it get cheaper next week when I get paid.

[quote name='BackInBlack']Feel played that I bought a lightning deal that went cheaper the week I bought it.[/QUOTE]

I also bought for $25, I called cs to get a price adjustment but was told they were unable to. So for my trouble they gave me a $10 credit. I got the game today, it's the anarchy edition . Ps3 by the way.

[quote name='Namerson']I wouldn't say Rage is the best FPS on the market right now but I don't think it's any less a triple A title. It's made by the guys iD Software, the same people who bought us Doom, Quake, and Wolfenstein I remember those days. I can't wait to see what else they do with their new engine.[/QUOTE]

True, I agree here, but I also agree with the other poster too to a point. The market is overcrowded with shooters.

Since everyone always brings up COD in these threads, I'd say this deal here is how COD benefits us CAGs(but hurts the industry). COD comes out, sells buttloads, and everything released in the prior 2 months disappear from the sales charts, leading to massive quantities needing price reductions. This game was simply swallowed up and lost in the COD hype, and it's a shame because it's actually quite formidable gameplay wise, and great to look at. A refreshing change of pace from the normal army thing.

i played the demo and control kinda sucked, but it looked so pretty im interested in it for $20. but does the final game have map/compass/directional guide for missions?

sucks that i told my family to pick this up for me on BF and now it's probably gonna hit $15 any day now...

[quote name='Velo214']hmmm easy plat, but 19 is really good. can it get to 10?[/QUOTE]

That is what I am waiting for....then again I am such a CAG now, I won't buy any game for more than 10 except maybe a Collector's for 90% off.

MW3 is okay...not trying to be a hater because I love CoD, but it really isn't any different than mw2 in the mp dept. The spec ops aren't as fun either IMO.

If it was 100% certain I could get an Anarchy Edition, I would order it right now.
But since I can't be sure, I think I might hold off for now.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']If it was 100% certain I could get an Anarchy Edition, I would order it right now.
But since I can't be sure, I think I might hold off for now.[/QUOTE]

I bought it when it first came out and used my code, rebought it during the LD for 25 and mine is the anarchy. I have the codes, you're welcomed to them if you want.

[quote name='mr_bungle']I bought it when it first came out and used my code, rebought it during the LD for 25 and mine is the anarchy. I have the codes, you're welcomed to them if you want.[/QUOTE]
Cool, I'll buy it I guess and PM you if I get the standard version.
Thanks!

[quote name='iamsmart']Not bad, could've saved a buck if I didn't buy it from Newegg last night.

Oh and in keeping with Rage deal post tradition, I was wondering what everyone's thoughts are on Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3?[/QUOTE]

I'm playing it on PC now. I can't speak to the multiplayer since I don't like playing with whiny 14 year olds, but the single player is ok (though, I heard it's short like the last MW and the one before that). It's nothing you haven't seen before, just the same old COD story line surrounded by high action set pieces, shooting dudes in the face, and some gunner action, but it's just more of the same. No innovation, just an expansion to every COD you've ever played. If it's your first COD game, then it's going to be great. If you've played them all, you won't really care. I'm sure some may disagree and that's their right; this is just my opinion as that is their opinion. Hope it helps.

almost bit for 19 after drinkn a bottle of wine but wow msrp is 30 2 months later? i bought this on release and got my plat n flipped for my money back but i didnt think it was that bad. wow guess i will wait til it gets even cheaper now

Welp, bought a copy.
I tried the demo and thought it was okay enough. It didn't seem like a bad game by any means, but with the huge amount of titles that hit around the time Rage came out, it should have been no surprise it didn't do well. I also wasn't too hyped on the game beforehand, so I don't think I will have any disappointment in it.

Hopefully everyone trying to get a price adjustment gets theirs. My boss bought a copy of MW3 last week and tried to get it adjusted earlier this week to save $3.00. The guy he was talking to told him that he could reorder at the new price and they would send a label to return the first copy he bought. He was like "Really? You won't refund the $2.XX? It'll cost your company more than that in shipping to do what you propose!"
So good luck everyone.

bread's done
Back