Rage 19.11 at Amazon

[quote name='XenoNinjaX']i played the demo and control kinda sucked, but it looked so pretty im interested in it for $20. but does the final game have map/compass/directional guide for missions?[/QUOTE]

It shows the navigation track guide on the mini-map.

I'm enjoying playing it right now. Will get a second copy to do the co-op parts when it gets down to $10 or so used.

[quote name='Rollinstone12']I bought it in the lightning deal and just finished chatting. They agreed to refund the difference ...but they refunded the opposite. I got a $20.88 refund. Should I tell them?[/QUOTE]

Lol, nope. Keep it. That's what this site is for.

[quote name='maxrenderer']I'm playing it on PC now. I can't speak to the multiplayer since I don't like playing with whiny 14 year olds, but the single player is ok (though, I heard it's short like the last MW and the one before that). It's nothing you haven't seen before, just the same old COD story line surrounded by high action set pieces, shooting dudes in the face, and some gunner action, but it's just more of the same. No innovation, just an expansion to every COD you've ever played. If it's your first COD game, then it's going to be great. If you've played them all, you won't really care. I'm sure some may disagree and that's their right; this is just my opinion as that is their opinion. Hope it helps.[/QUOTE]

I concur with this opinion.

I rented this and was disappointed by how boring it was for me, if it would have came out a couple years ago like '09 then I would have loved it. It reminded me of fallout, which I already put hours and hours into. However I wil buy this when this reaches $15 and I can use a giftcard on it.

I don't know about the console versions, but the pc version wasn't half bad despite screen tears here and there. Can't complain since it was free courtesy of Bethsoft. Kinda short, but I enjoyed it more than I enjoyed any recent non- military fps. The upgraded wingsticks were fun as hell for clearing out excessive enemies. The turrets/rc cars were also somewhat cool.

[quote name='garrett007']I rented this and was disappointed by how boring it was for me, if it would have came out a couple years ago like '09 then I would have loved it. It reminded me of fallout, which I already put hours and hours into. However I wil buy this when this reaches $15 and I can use a giftcard on it.[/QUOTE]

I had the same reaction. Played through maybe half of it, then just became bored and quit. The lack of compelling MP was also a turnoff. Figured I'd pick it up when it gets down to $10, though truthfully I'm not sure I'll bother...it's like bits and pieces of other games, with nothing really compelling to bring you in, despite how good it looks and (for the most part) plays.

[quote name='joeyshadows']I don't know about the console versions, but the pc version wasn't half bad despite screen tears here and there. Can't complain since it was free courtesy of Bethsoft. Kinda short, but I enjoyed it more than I enjoyed any recent non- military fps. The upgraded wingsticks were fun as hell for clearing out excessive enemies. The turrets/rc cars were also somewhat cool.[/QUOTE]

They need to add the console copy as well. O want it for either the X360, PS3. I have a feeling I'll buy it, and they'll have it on the site...

Ah, my hero. This was the one game I was hoping to get for my nephews and it was the one game that kept eluding me. No longer, in for 2.

Thanks OP!

I tried to like this game but I just cant get into it. The last straw was when I was almost done with a long mission and died only to find out that the last autosave/checkpoint was when I started the mission. The mission has a huge boss battle in the middle and a savepoint was not even after the fight. Turned it off after that. Luckily I submitted my Amazon trade-in a few days ago for $24.30.

[quote name='NJMane']I tried to like this game but I just cant get into it. The last straw was when I was almost done with a long mission and died only to find out that the last autosave/checkpoint was when I started the mission. The mission has a huge boss battle in the middle and a savepoint was not even after the fight. Turned it off after that. Luckily I submitted my Amazon trade-in a few days ago for $24.30.[/QUOTE]

i thought game has manual save?

Manual save is so last decade :) But yeah, this is a game where you need to save often when "on the hunt". I don't know why games don't let you assign a button for a quicksave (repurposing a quick tap of the guide type button would be ideal I think). Dropping out of the game to save isn't really necessary these days I don't think. Heck, it wasn't necessary a long time ago, back when I wore the labels off the F5 and F9 keys playing all those PC shooters.

[quote name='JSD']Thinking about grabbing this ... does anyone have a $6 filler item for FSSS?[/QUOTE]

Enslaved is very cheap now. It's not $6, but a little over $8. CLOSE ENOUGH.

[quote name='ClevelandBrowns']Just in case any one is wondering. I ordered one a few days ago and it was the Anarchy edition.[/QUOTE]

I'm just wondering but how can you tell it's a Anarchy edition (besides the codes). Is it on the box or does it say anywhere?

[quote name='Namerson']I'm just wondering but how can you tell it's a Anarchy edition (besides the codes). Is it on the box or does it say anywhere?[/QUOTE]

It's printed on the front and you get a DLC slip.

[quote name='JSD']Thinking about grabbing this ... does anyone have a $6 filler item for FSSS?[/QUOTE]
Aren't they doing FSSS for everyone right now for the holidays?

[quote name='EYEL1NER']Aren't they doing FSSS for everyone right now for the holidays?[/QUOTE]

FSSS wasn't an option when I went to checkout with just Rage in my cart. I should probably just give in and sign up for Prime.

[quote name='JSD']FSSS wasn't an option when I went to checkout with just Rage in my cart. I should probably just give in and sign up for Prime.[/QUOTE]

If you have a student email you can get 6 months of Prime for free. Just a FYI

[quote name='slowdive21']No go on price match.[/QUOTE]
That's too bad. I did chat a few days ago when it was $22.50 and they credited $2.50 back to me. I was going to try it again but decided against it.

I bought a used PS3 copy of Rage about 2 weeks ago and it didn't come with the Wasteland Sewer Missions DLC code. For those of you who have played it, would you say the sewer missions are worth the $9.99 that the PS Store is asking for? Thanks in advance.

[quote name='bawlsack']I bought a used PS3 copy of Rage about 2 weeks ago and it didn't come with the Wasteland Sewer Missions DLC code. For those of you who have played it, would you say the sewer missions are worth the $9.99 that the PS Store is asking for? Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely

[quote name='garrett007']I am actually thinking about getting this now with my $10 giftcard. Should I?[/QUOTE]

Try the demo, it's a somewhat good representation of the game.

P.S in the demo there's no mini-map so it's easy to get lost, but in the actual game there's a mini map on the top right corner.

[quote name='Namerson']Try the demo, it's a somewhat good representation of the game.

P.S in the demo there's no mini-map so it's easy to get lost, but in the actual game there's a mini map on the top right corner.[/QUOTE]

I quickly edited my post trying to say I already played it, I rented it about a month ago but got bored of it because of skyrim battlefield MW3 etc. but now I am not sure, for 19.xx and a giftcard used on it, if I want it

This is one of those games I think I'd really enjoy, but just can't justify a purchase right now. Game buying needs to be put on hiatus for some damn game playing.

[quote name='Namerson']If you have a student email you can get 6 months of Prime for free. Just a FYI[/QUOTE]

They changed it? When I did it I got a year of prime...

[quote name='sliknik27']This is one of those games I think I'd really enjoy, but just can't justify a purchase right now. Game buying needs to be put on hiatus for some damn game playing.[/QUOTE]

Amen to that! aside from black friday where i bought uncharted 3 & catherine (spoilers: haven't played either yet), I've managed to keep myself from buying any games this 4th quarter. I'm in the state of mind right now where purchasing a $60 dollar game doesn't make sense seeing as how i have such a vast backlog that if I were to clear that out first, all games I'm currently interested now would see at least a 50% price drop, if not more.

and as tempting as this is, i'm in the same boat as you. I'm holding off game buying and going to start with some game playing.

oh, and let's not forget this little report.

I'm waiting to see if they add any new dlc in the future and maybe do a Complete version. If not than I'll just buy it next year for $20 or less. Backlogs already large enough.

[quote name='Namerson'] oh, and let's not forget this little report.[/QUOTE]

I wonder if that's 'finish' or '100% completion'[/QUOTE]

Sadly I have that habit of leaving games undone.

thinking to wait until christmas day or after hits then the price with get to $15 @ bestbuy.com, considering the game sales they have been having they are crushing all competition, bring it bestbuy! bring it!

I just called, spoke with a 'marco' they said it is too late to price match it down to the 19.11, because 'that is a christmas promotion.' I got the lightning deal for 25.00, and it just showed up yesterday.
I even went through the, 'my friend got the same deal and got a refund story.' So he goes into an, 'amazon doesn't price match unless it has not shipped yet' story..

Ive bought a ton of sht from them this year, and couldn't get 5 dollars out of them.
fuck 'ers

[quote name='sixteenvolt420']Received mine today for PS3, it is the Anarchy edition.[/QUOTE]

Nice! My Xbox version doesn't come till tomorrow :(

I almost pulled the trigger on this price a couple days ago, but with my backlog and the way this is dropping so fast I think I may wait another month or 2 when it's $10.

This game was such a disappointment. They could've done so much more with the story. I think anybody with half a creative side of their brain could've written it better. I feel sorry for anybody who bought this for $60 thinking this was a mix of Fallout and Borderlands.

Still, for under $20 it's a decent purchase.

newtpex is right. It had such story potential evan with the all too familiar setting and scenario of after the fall of mankind, but the graphics and gameplay are nice. I bought it as part of the GS b2g1 and paid about $26 for it and am not going to complain. The setting and the character designs where set to be something special, but it just didn't develop any kind of really engaging story. I wanted to learn and experience more from some of these characters, but it seems that they just dish out missions, so far anyway, as I am about 5 hours in. Still loads of fun and and incredible engine for games to license moving forward. I highly recommend it at this price.

[quote name='sixteenvolt420']Received mine today for PS3, it is the Anarchy edition.[/QUOTE]
Thank you for answering my question before I was about to ask it :D, oh and thanks for the post good find

bread's done
Back