Rage Anarchy Edition PS3 $19.99 @ Newegg

[quote name='iamsmart']Enough. Let's just let bygones be bygones and just admit that Crysis 2 was the best FPS of the year.
[/QUOTE]

I almost agree with this but my fav goes to Battlefield 3. But Crysis 2 is damn good too. That was $10 of the best bucks I've spent all year.

[quote name='sassylaurie']Because this site is "cheapassgamer" and it hasn't been cheap yet. Here's hoping for $1.99 Hardened Edition at BB tomorrow so it can be another game that is sold out before I can move my mouse over to the "Add to Cart" icon.[/QUOTE]

This made me laugh out loud because it's so true!

[quote name='Righteous Nixon']Best advice one can give. Letting someone else's subjective opinion dictate what games you will or will not play....not a very smart thing to do. Every game that has every been made has had people that disliked said game. Decide for yourself.[/QUOTE]

Amen to this! I know I'm the only person in the world who liked Vampire Rain and if I would've listened to other people's opinions, I never would've played it. (And I'm not being sarcastic or trolling, I actually liked it, but then again, I absolutely love all stealth games...).

[quote name='fyrflash1969']Nobody is hating on a good gaming franchise.. read the posts dude.. they are hating on COD.[/QUOTE]

Well, why hating COD then? Like I said in my previous post, I don't think it's the greatest game ever made. But I also don't thinks it that terrible.

Now, back to my initial question. Why so much hatred toward COD?

I don't see the problem with rage. I think people's expectation of the game were unrealistic. Or maybe people just genuinely didn't like. I don't and i don't care, the games is fun to me, and that's all that matters.

[quote name='jooanyenna']Well, why hating COD then? Like I said in my previous post, I don't think it's the greatest game ever made. But I also don't thinks it that terrible.

Now, back to my initial question. Why so much hatred toward COD?[/QUOTE]
Because it's the internet
*insert deal with it gif of that cat

[quote name='jooanyenna']Well, why hating COD then? Like I said in my previous post, I don't think it's the greatest game ever made. But I also don't thinks it that terrible.

Now, back to my initial question. Why so much hatred toward COD?[/QUOTE]

because they release the same game over and over, dont put any time into character development and plot. They still cant figure out that we use vehicles in war. They do controversial scenes just to be controversial and sell games. The multiplayer is the same game as it was 2 iterations ago. The shooting mechanics are just twitch shooting, requires no strategy, only reflexes. Online is a bunch of 12 year olds swearing and thinking they are cool. I can go on and on. They are average games at best. Way over-hyped. I own them all, and they are better than some of the crap that is out there, but there are way better games.

If they took the time to actually write a story like Uncharted, put in some memorable characters, have some cohesion between the levels and add some strategy, it would be a great game.. right now its the Michael Bey of video gaming.

And I do own all the COD games but the last one, played them all and still cant name a single character in any of them.

[quote name='MysterD']Oooh, PC version is on sale, too for $20.
Can't resist.
Hit my breaking point.[/QUOTE]

I have the PC version and loved it till they patched it.. now it doesnt work at all. buyer beware if you have amd

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']I was watching a buddy of mine play it on PS3 for about an hour and it looked fine to me. But I could go either way.[/QUOTE]

You don't say, Mr. Magoo.

[quote name='jooanyenna']Why so much hatred toward COD?[/QUOTE]

I don't know. Why so much obsession over it? Do you work for Activision/Treyarch/Infinity Ward? Best gaming series in history - I think not. The numbers don't tell the whole story. If that's truly the case, why are you even on this site. COD gets a new release yearly, so you shouldn't need to look for any new games.

Good games. Yes. Great games. Yes. Best ever. Very subjective. I don't hate COD, but just because the numbers are the highest ever doesn't mean it's the undisputed champion. Look at Soccer. Far outnumbers any other sport worldwide, but I prefer American Football, and so do most Americans.

[quote name='io']I played through the whole game on the PS3 and thought it was a beautiful game, actually. I didn't have any problems with it. It is short, though. I bought it upon release as one of my 5 preorders from Best Buy (to get the $100 RZ cert deal). Fortunately I was able to price match it to $50 when I picked it up and then I got around $40 for it from Best Buy when I traded it back in. Factoring in the $20 (Rage's contribution to the $100) I got to "rent" a pretty good game for a few days and actually came out ahead in the process. Oh yeah, I also forgot to use the Anarchy Edition DLC code while I was playing and was able to sell that for around $10.

But, yeah, if I hadn't done all that I'd probably be snagging this from Newegg right now.[/QUOTE]

I did pretty much the exact same thing (except I didn't price match this one & I either used the code or still have it). And I agree, if I hadn't played it I'd be all over it for $20. As it is, I'm still tempted because I'd like to go back & get the trophies I missed, but my backlog is huge right now so I'm going to keep waiting and pick it up later. I did pass this deal on to a buddy of mine that hasn't played it tho.

[quote name='fyrflash1969']I have the PC version and loved it till they patched it.. now it doesnt work at all. buyer beware if you have amd[/QUOTE]

Been w/ NVidia since like early 2000's.
Never switched.
Doubt I ever will, either.

All the FUBAR'd PC launches w/ ATI has been scary, of late - The Sabeoteur, Deus Ex: HR, RAGE, Skyrim, etc.
Can't recall - did Dead Island PC have ATI problems?
Loved Dead Island PC, BTW.

[quote name='joker______']thanks op picked one up,now time to go return my unopened 360 version I got on black Friday at gamestop[/QUOTE]

That would be a VERY bad move.

[quote name='sassylaurie']I don't know. Why so much obsession over it? Do you work for Activision/Treyarch/Infinity Ward? Best gaming series in history - I think not. The numbers don't tell the whole story. If that's truly the case, why are you even on this site. COD gets a new release yearly, so you shouldn't need to look for any new games.

Good games. Yes. Great games. Yes. Best ever. Very subjective. I don't hate COD, but just because the numbers are the highest ever doesn't mean it's the undisputed champion. Look at Soccer. Far outnumbers any other sport worldwide, but I prefer American Football, and so do most Americans.[/QUOTE]

Using soccer as an example is a bad idea. The fact that soccer is watched world wide and the world cup gets the biggest viewership numbers for that kind of event proves that it is the undisputed champion. Btw, I could care less about both football and futbol, but there is no question that soccer>football.

Oh, and a comment for the actual thread, I received my copy of RAGE for the 360 from Amazon($25 LD a few days back), and it is the Anarchy Edition.

[quote name='MysterD']Been w/ NVidia since like early 2000's.
Never switched.

All the FUBAR'd PC launches w/ ATI has been scary, of late - The Sabeoteur, Deus Ex: HR, RAGE, Skyrim, etc.[/QUOTE]

I have an ATI & have had zero issues with either Skyrim or Deus Ex: HR.

[quote name='sylveranking']Using soccer as an example is a bad idea. The fact that soccer is watched world wide and the world cup gets the biggest viewership numbers for that kind of event proves that it is the undisputed champion. Btw, I could care less about both football and futbol, but there is no question that soccer>football.[/QUOTE]

Yes, but that is my point. Undisputed by numbers, but that does not tell the whole story - just like this COD debate.

[quote name='argyle']I have an ATI & have had zero issues with either Skyrim or Deus Ex: HR.[/QUOTE]
That's good to hear. :)

Never good to hear people have problems running games when they meet the game's requirements...

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']That would be a VERY bad move.[/QUOTE]

I rented the ps3 version before and I didn't have any problems with it,besides a lot of games have texture issues but it doesn't bother me any as long as the game plays great.

[quote name='MysterD']Been w/ NVidia since like early 2000's.
Never switched.

All the FUBAR'd PC launches w/ ATI has been scary, of late - The Sabeoteur, Deus Ex: HR, RAGE, Skyrim, etc.
Can't recall - did Dead Island PC have ATI problems?
Loved Dead Island PC, BTW.[/QUOTE]

In all fairness.. out of the 100 or so games i have on Steam.. this is the only game that will not run on my card

[quote name='fyrflash1969']In all fairness.. out of the 100 or so games i have on Steam.. this is the only game that will not run on my card[/QUOTE]

What is your card?

[quote name='sassylaurie']Oh, and a comment for the actual thread, I received my copy of RAGE for the 360 from Amazon($25 LD a few days back), and it is the Anarchy Edition.[/QUOTE]
Same here but I ordered the ps3 version, hope it's the anarchy edition.

[quote name='MysterD']That's good to hear. :)

Never good to hear people have problems running games when they meet the game's requirements...[/QUOTE]

Well as in most things PC, there's probably more to it than just ATI or NVidia - the card manufacturer, what OS you're running, what other hardware you're running, etc. all play into these things.

That said, if I knew back in the summer when I was building this PC what I know now, I would have went with an NVidia card for one reason - the Phys-X stuff in the Batman games. :p

[quote name='Gimgak']So by that logic Michael Bay is the greatest director of all time? Bravo.[/QUOTE]

He is, how'd you like the latest Transformer movie? I thought it was pretty awesome. Then I drove home jamming Justin Bieber. You know, the greatest singer of all time.

[quote name='morpheus47']Does Newegg have a price adjustment policy? I bought this a few days ago when it was $24.99[/QUOTE]
im wondering the same

oh for fuck'S sake Newegg. I have a SHELF-full of backlog. And then you go and do this. Can't... resist...
*buys*
Fukkin... incredible deals...fuck

[quote name='aardarf']oh for fuck'S sake Newegg. I have a SHELF-full of backlog. And then you go and do this. Can't... resist...
*buys*
Fukkin... incredible deals...fuck[/QUOTE]
LOL.. Same here. Too many deals, too little time to play. Thanks OP.

[quote name='barrit']He is, how'd you like the latest Transformer movie? I thought it was pretty awesome. Then I drove home jamming Justin Bieber. You know, the greatest singer of all time.[/QUOTE]

transformers 4 and 5 are planned. and so are paranormal activities 4,5 and 6.

i interned at viacom lol which ended last week. supposed to be confidential info until oct 12th or something.

anyway i would so bite on this if it were for the 360. i still have that $20 coupon that newegg gave out to people who preordered dark souls CE

[quote name='gamererik']im wondering the same[/QUOTE]

I just got a price adjustment via chat. Technically, they're going to send me a $5 gift card. Whatever, $5 is $5.

What's in this version that's not in the original?
And is it required to have a code to activate it?
If not, I might just hold off on this.

Can't decide if I want to get in on this ... you guys are making the texture popping sound really bad. I watched a couple vids on youtube and it didn't seem like it would impact gameplay that much ... but hard to tell, I didn't see any where there was action going on.

[quote name='redmangoose']What's in this version that's not in the original?
And is it required to have a code to activate it?
If not, I might just hold off on this.[/QUOTE]

*grabs box*

Anarchy Edition:

Double Barrel Shotgun
Rat Rod Buggy
Fists of Rage
Crimson Elite Armor

(it also has the Wasteland Sewer Missions which is/was their project $10 bullshit if I'm not mistaken)

[quote name='themidnighter23']ugh, not worth it. rent the game, I implore you. I made the mistake of buying it and regretted it. thankfully I was able to trade it in for MW3

RENT IT!!![/QUOTE]

Implore no longer! Your entreaties fail to reach mine ears. I daresay... for the fair price of 19.99 of the king's silver, I purchaseth the game thusly!

thanks OP.

[quote name='midloo']Implore no longer! Your entreaties fail to reach mine ears. I daresay... for the fair price of 19.99 of the king's silver, I purchaseth the game thusly!

thanks OP.[/QUOTE]

enjoy the ending, try not to break your controller or TV

I said to myself that 20$ is my price point for rage but since it has hit 20$ so fast there is no point in me buying it at this moment. I'll just play my backlog and wait more

Haven't reached the end yet, but you're making it sound like I'll need to setup a psychiatric house call for that afternoon.

What other game endings have ticked you off that way in the last 3 or 4 years? Maybe I'll find one to gauge off of.

[quote name='strait edge follower']I said to myself that 20$ is my price point for rage but since it has hit 20$ so fast there is no point in me buying it at this moment. I'll just play my backlog and wait more[/QUOTE]

yea, i suggest at 10 or 15 bucks. it'll be there in no time. wish i had waited.

[quote name='acsguitar']There is only 1 good video game ending ever and thats for Dreamfall the Longest Journey. I'm quite used to terrible endings[/QUOTE]

Rage's ending can't be that bad can it ? If You want horrible endings Just play enslaved, prince of Persia 2008 and resistance 3. Now while those games were really fun the endings blew big time. What makes prince of Persia 2008 worse is that the dlc released for it which I thought would tie up loose ends and set up the second game of that planned trilogy (which was canned unfortunatly) was worse than the original game itself ! If you are going to do multiple cliff hanger endings in a story line you gotta do it the way the assassins creed team does it as those are absolute mind fucks !

[quote name='strait edge follower']Rage's ending can't be that bad can it ? If You want horrible endings Just play enslaved, prince of Persia 2008 and resistance 3. Now while those games were really fun the endings blew big time. What makes prince of Persia 2008 worse is that the dlc released for it which I thought would tie up loose ends and set up the second game of that planned trilogy (which was canned unfortunatly) was worse than the original game itself ! If you are going to do multiple cliff hanger endings in a story line you gotta do it the way the assassins creed team does it as those are absolute mind fucks ![/QUOTE]

But I liked the enslaved ending :(

[quote name='acsguitar']But I liked the enslaved ending :([/QUOTE]

Are you serious ? This is basically the ending

trip: I finally avenged you father
Monkey: ok now what ?

I mean really now ? Come on ninja theory !

[quote name='acsguitar']There is only 1 good video game ending ever and thats for Dreamfall the Longest Journey. I'm quite used to terrible endings[/QUOTE]

Wow... good call. That game isn't tossed around video game discussion circles very often. I liked The Longest Journey a bit better. My brother lived in Norway and worked for Funcom! Lucky bastard.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Are you serious ? This is basically the ending

trip: I finally avenged you father
Monkey: ok now what ?

I mean really now ? Come on ninja theory ![/QUOTE]

Hmm i guess thats not what I got out of the ending

bread's done
Back