Rage of the Gladiator - Wiiware release 3/15/2010

Awesome, been looking forward to this. Punch-Out was just too pricey for me to bite, but this seems like it is priced well. Was originally supposed to be 1500.

I may pick this up. I really like Punch Out Wii, but must admit that I've never finished it. I mostly liked it with motion control and that worked great, until the game got pretty hard, and then the accuracy wasn't there for it. I switched to classic style, and that's fun, but I didn't like it as much, and the game was still incredibly hard at that point and I ended up stopping. I keep meaning to go back to it, but haven't yet. Anyway, this having Wii Motion Plus is definitely a benefit from the sounds of it, so hopefully I can play much farther into it with that control scheme, though probably I still won't be able to finish the game. :)

[quote name='crunchewy']I may pick this up. I really like Punch Out Wii, but must admit that I've never finished it. I mostly liked it with motion control and that worked great, until the game got pretty hard, and then the accuracy wasn't there for it. I switched to classic style, and that's fun, but I didn't like it as much, and the game was still incredibly hard at that point and I ended up stopping. I keep meaning to go back to it, but haven't yet. Anyway, this having Wii Motion Plus is definitely a benefit from the sounds of it, so hopefully I can play much farther into it with that control scheme, though probably I still won't be able to finish the game. :)[/QUOTE]

I dont know how punch out was with motion controls, but the way they work in this.

Without motion+ left punch right punch with motion, then hold a button (b, and I think z) for lower punches.

With Motion + I am not sure exactly how it works. But it is not free punching like wii sports boxing.

We preferred the option of using Wii MotionPlus, which allows players to use the Remote to perform attacks in four discrete directions, whilst Nunchuk motion is used to trigger special attacks or perform a simple shield bash. Broad strokes result in excellent reading of the direction of your motions, though chains of very rapid swings can result in occasional reading of movement in the opposite direction due to a "wind-up" effect, although this doesn't affect gameplay.

It is getting hard fast, boss 6 beat up on me a lot before I figured him out.

What a surprise this title was - bought it with relatively low expectations, and am blown away with a solid game. Punch-Out!! always appealed to me but didn't fit my budget. This game is a perfect compromise and much more fun than I expected.

A great $10 pick up, even though I'm only 3 bosses in so far.

bread's done
Back