Rage Price Dropping Fast!

kingkiller33

CAGiversary!
At least on Ebay. I tried to sell my brand new copy of Rage, and the most I could get was $44 bucks. I've never seen a big release sell this low less than a week from release. I saw some auctions even end at $38 bucks for brand new!

This clearly tells me that the demand is low for Rage after all the awful reviews. This game is going to freaking drop so fast. I'm sure it will be $20 bucks on Black Friday.

If you're on the fence, don't buy it. Give it a few more weeks and you'll save a bundle.

I would call the reviews mixed-to-positive. Metacritic average is 82, with only one "bad" (red) review and 20+ reviews with scores of 90 or higher.

[quote name='kingkiller33']If you're on the fence, don't buy it. Give it a few more weeks and you'll save a bundle.[/QUOTE]

Can't disagree with this though! Good advice for any game.

dead island has a much lower metacritic score (72 i think) and i sold it on ebay for $47 plus shipping 2 weeks after release.

not sure why this game would sell so low.

[quote name='silentevil']No "real" multiplayer. People were expectimg deatch matches etc but got a generic Twisted Metal.[/QUOTE]

I know, and ID used to be all about the multiplayer! Wow, they really have gone downhill.

[quote name='kingkiller33']I know, and ID used to be all about the multiplayer! Wow, they really have gone downhill.[/QUOTE]

You don't much care for this game, do you?

In regard to the main post, I don't think the situation is quite as dire as you put it. As was said, the game has an 82 on metacritic so I don't think "awful reviews" can really be seen as a problem. As far as ebay sales go, I'm looking at completed listings right now and a big heavy chunk of them fall into the range of around $50 when you factor in the shipping. Considering all of the credits and incentives retailers offer these days that number doesn't seem too surprising.

bread's done
Back