Rage Xbox 360 $24.99 Amazon

Yeah I picked this up day 1 and haven't finished it yet. Of all shooters coming out this was the one I was looking forward the most to. I've learned this holiday season to not buy games day 1 anymore that's for sure. Not sure if this game is worth $60, but it's definitely worth $25, unless your backlog is that big that you can wait til it drops even lower.

[quote name='MysterD']That price-matches Newegg's deal.[/QUOTE]
Somewhat...Newegg has the Anarchy edition. This is the standard edition.

[quote name='utstick']Somewhat...Newegg has the Anarchy edition. This is the standard edition.[/QUOTE]

Won't really know until you get it...this is one game that has identical UPCs for both versions.

[quote name='utstick']Somewhat...Newegg has the Anarchy edition. This is the standard edition.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, good point.

Looks like a price drop according to the list price on Amazon. Guess I will wait a bit longer then. Actually, I should probably wait for the Steam holiday sale... Maybe it will hit $15 or less.

I cannot believe how fast this game's price dropped. It fucking plummeted.

I got it the day it came out for a cool $60. I love this game.

But here we are ONLY 2 months later and its retail price is knocked down to $30.

So now all deals are going to be $30 or less...

So retail price is now $30? Yeah, will definitely wait for $20 then...probably $15. Had it on the PS3 and returned it to Gamestop because of the texture rendering, but I'll buy it back on the 360.

[quote name='blinknot4']I cannot believe how fast this game's price dropped. It fucking plummeted.

I got it the day it came out for a cool $60. I love this game.

But here we are ONLY 2 months later and its retail price is knocked down to $30.

So now all deals are going to be $30 or less...[/QUOTE]

Bethesda dropped F:NV ridiculously fast too

Man this game was a disappointment. It's not a bad game by any stretch of the imagination, but it is so disappointing because of how hyped-up it was.

[quote name='Drathu']Man this game was a disappointment. It's not a bad game by any stretch of the imagination, but it is so disappointing because of how hyped-up it was.[/QUOTE]

Let this be a life lesson to you and hopefully you won't fall for the hype next time. One fewerof nigh-infinite hype-addicts on the internets

Why do people even pay attention to games before they are released? Pre-release hype is almost always lies. Wait for reviews.

[quote name='rollingskull']let this be a life lesson to you and hopefully you won't fall for the hype next time. One fewerof nigh-infinite hype-addicts on the internets

why do people even pay attention to games before they are released? Pre-release hype is almost always lies. Wait for reviews.[/quote]

Tell that to Peter Molyneux!

I really think that id did a solid job of incorporating the last decade or so of industry progress into their old-school FPS formula.

Is RAGE a day 1 $60 must have? No. But it's totally worth owning as an old-school FPS fan when you've only paid ~$30 for it.

[quote name='kobeisgod']Need a filler for free shipping, any suggestions?[/QUOTE]

google amazon fillers and there should be a site, i used toothpaste one time

Hell thats probably good enough for me to bite.

Edit: thought the texture issues were just ps3 but i just saw on youtube the 360 versions suffers from the same thing. fuck that...ruins a decent game and im not paying a penny for it. Too damn distracting the game is broken imo.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kobeisgod']Rage for 360 is now 22.48 in case the extra discount changes people's minding about getting the game[/QUOTE]

Good. Two more bucks less and its mine

Just talked to Amazon via chat and got it for the $22.50 price. I ordered it a few days ago in the lightning deal. Only a $2.50 difference, but I used gift credit anyways so it isn't hard to refund I would imagine. I still wish I could have gotten it for $20, but $22.50 is fine. Here's hoping it is the Anarchy Edition!

[quote name='earvcunanan']Amazon Warehouse Deals has 'em used for those wanting to save:

PS3 - $14.99
360 - $16.24[/QUOTE]

That PS3 version is "acceptable"...just fyi.

[quote name='earvcunanan']Amazon Warehouse Deals has 'em used for those wanting to save:

PS3 - $14.99
360 - $16.24[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I almost went for it but the way this games price has dropped rage will hit rock bottom like brink did in one more month so ill wait more

[quote name='strait edge follower']Thanks. I almost went for it but the way this games price has dropped rage will hit rock bottom like brink did in one more month so ill wait more[/QUOTE]
I don't see Rage hitting $5 New like brink did.

Anarchy edition hooks you up with a shot gun that I personally never used when i beat the game. This game is great at this price but be warned, you will get lit up by the multi player fan boys in car death match :)

Nice deal. I want to eventually get this game but think I'll hold off just in case my fiancee gets it for me for Christmas.

[quote name='RollingSkull']Let this be a life lesson to you and hopefully you won't fall for the hype next time. One fewerof nigh-infinite hype-addicts on the internets

Why do people even pay attention to games before they are released? Pre-release hype is almost always lies. Wait for reviews.[/QUOTE]

+1

I never look at previews and I'm never disappointed by a game because of high expectations. Rage was fun, not super awesome, but fun.

Played the demo on 360 and liked it enough, but wasn't overly impressed with the critically acclaimed visuals. So I got the ps3 version in the B2G1 at Gamestop, and I am a few hours in, and love it. The demo on 360 was 2gb, and I understand one disc on the 360 is a texture pack install, but I gotta say the ps3 version looks better than the 360. Happy with the purchase and recommend it.

I bought this on the release date and somewhat enjoyed it. The graphics are sick and the game play is cool. If you like Borderlands and doing missions, you will like Rage. One word of advice, the MP sucks ass. If you like driving around in circles and shooting other dune buggies, then you might like the MP.

[quote name='krashhole']I bought this on the release date and somewhat enjoyed it. The graphics are sick and the game play is cool. If you like Borderlands and doing missions, you will like Rage. One word of advice, the MP sucks ass. If you like driving around in circles and shooting other dune buggies, then you might like the MP.[/QUOTE]
Me and a friend both bought Rage thinking we can play through it like Borderlands. We were kinda shocked when all we could do was jump online and drive around and shoot other dune buggies basically.

[quote name='Pauler']Played the demo on 360 and liked it enough, but wasn't overly impressed with the critically acclaimed visuals. So I got the ps3 version in the B2G1 at Gamestop, and I am a few hours in, and love it. The demo on 360 was 2gb, and I understand one disc on the 360 is a texture pack install, but I gotta say the ps3 version looks better than the 360. Happy with the purchase and recommend it.[/QUOTE]
The 360 does not have a texture pack install; it's the full disc install or nothing. PS3 is only a partial install.

I had the PS3 version and traded it for the 360 version because the texture loading drove me nuts. Both versions run consistently at 60 fps with the resolution dynamically dropped to maintain framerate. The PS3 has more noticeable texture pop-in when streaming from the Blu-Ray.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-rage-face-off

I said it in the Newegg thread & I'll say it here again: If you want it on console and have a choice, go with the 360 version and install it.

Sorry, I'll get off my soapbox now.

bread's done
Back